Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: May into June ***spoilers*** question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Roadblocks aka RB


(1) I assume we are limited to just the ones provided in the game correct?

(2) If we run out of RB tokens, can we then move them around like other components [such as research and army buildings]

(3) When selecting end-game upgrades with permanent RBs, during set up do we have to use the tokens provided OR is the sticker sufficient to note the RB [important IF the RBs are themselves limited]


My initial gut reaction is:
1 - yes
2 - no
3 - must place RB token

BUT I'm unsure and don't think there is a sticker for the rulebook that states that
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Roadblocks aka RB


(1) I assume we are limited to just the ones provided in the game correct?
Yes

KingD21 wrote:

(2) If we run out of RB tokens, can we then move them around like other components [such as research and army buildings]
We never moved the tokens around once they were placed. However, if the rules from vanilla Pandemic are in effect here, (I.E. Research Stations could be taken down and built in different locations if you run out of supplies) then I believe you should be able to take down barricades and build them in different locations as well.

KingD21 wrote:

(3) When selecting end-game upgrades with permanent RBs, during set up do we have to use the tokens provided OR is the sticker sufficient to note the RB [important IF the RBs are themselves limited]
We didn't remove any tokens just because a sticker was on the board. This is an interesting question though, since you would be at a disadvantage if the upgrades took tokens away.

I would have to say, since the stickers are an "Upgrade" then you should be able to keep all of your tokens at the beginning of a game. Otherwise, those stickers would be a curse if you needed to add a token from the supply to the board, but couldn't do so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - I was thinking that the other stickers basically indicate where things will be such as the research center are placed where the stickers are at the beginning of the month


Figure the same principal would hold for the RBs. I'm incline to say the RBs don't move simply b/c the rulebook doesn't state it and it has mentioned for all other tokens/buildings.


Yeah, I'm very wary on these RBs -- I find it much easier to quarantine troubled areas rather than RBing. However, we won in May with RBing around Bogota [CODa is in yellow and that would of been disastrous]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We RBed everything, used all the RB stickers and made it ez to deal with COdA-403. My fav character is the Operations Expert, so moving around and building RBs and Military bases were a breeze.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
Yeah - I was thinking that the other stickers basically indicate where things will be such as the research center are placed where the stickers are at the beginning of the month


That is interesting. So are you saying that we can only have as many research station as there are tokens for? Even though the upgrades make them permanent structures?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DTKokoro wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
Yeah - I was thinking that the other stickers basically indicate where things will be such as the research center are placed where the stickers are at the beginning of the month


That is interesting. So are you saying that we can only have as many research station as there are tokens for? Even though the upgrades make them permanent structures?
That's what I thought. After the 6th research center, the next build just moves one from a previously built city.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But there are 8 research station stickers...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DTKokoro wrote:
But there are 8 research station stickers...
Stations burn down [and so do stickers]. I doubt anyone will actually use all 8. As the game gives you SO many end game options and not all will be used.

We only used 2 of them as the virus bonuses were top priority and now the army bases. HOWEVER our 2 extra stations are centrally located in black and red with yellow being our CODa -- so we aren't hurting for stations. We have been running with dispatcher (w/ pilot) and Ops Exp. to move around the board with ease.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
My take is:

Yes, you're limited to just the ones supplied.

No, you can't move them, because it doesn't say you can.

The sticker sheet from Door 8 specifically says "Note: Players do not need to put RB markers on top of permanent RB stickers at the start of the game". Which seems completely clear. And, incidentally, confirms that the supply of marker tokens is intended to be limited.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls