Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this game def needs a "player aid! what's needed is a single sheet/page (or even a single location/page in the rulebook) that lists ALL the icons/symbols and what they each mean/do...as is they are spread out all over the rulebook, and there's no location that combines all the information you'll need to play (without everyone having a rulebook)...it's not the best of rulebooks for sure, but I've def seen worse...everything i'm looking for could have easily been added as a "final page", which I would have scanned and printed out for everyone playing...

but a medium size "aid" would have been great; possible actions, turn resolution order, etc. for each turn on 1 side...and a visual aid on the flip side showing all the components and icons, and what they are and how to use them...

(some info is on the back of the player screen, but the text/images are too hard to read/too dark without "lifting the screen")

I think i'm putting this back in the box and i'll just wait until someone more creative than myself uploads what i'm looking for...(I just have too many "new to me games" already on my shelf that I think i'll try out 1st, while i'm waiting)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the rules book is terrible. We kept having to go back through it last night, was annoying.

Good game but needs a total rewrite of how to play, and a player aid for the icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rentz
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
John, wanted to let you know that a player aid sheet I submitted has just posted (down in the Files section)
I hope you find a chance to pull the game back off the shelf :-) and this aid is helpful. It covers most aspects of the game in enough detail to keep you going once you've set the game up, and hopefully helps with the iconography and the special cards.
It prints front/back on one 8.5 by 11 sheet.
Post here if you have any questions, as I try to check the page regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls