Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat Smith
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I recently redesigned the website for Infinite Heart Games, a games studio I work with. I’ve posted about it in the podcasts + blogs forum, but am posting here too to see if anyone wanted to give feedback about the site’s design and structure.

It’s still a work-in-process and a little experimental (for me), so I’d like to get some others' opinions. If you’ve looked at the site, what do you think? Anything you like or dislike?

As someone who is more familiar with common designs for indie video game studios' sites, I'm also interested in more general tips on designing sites specifically for tabletop game studios and publishers. What sites do you think look pretty great?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You only 'lack' some 'Unicorns' that *fart*-out some "Cotton Candy Clouds", and even 'Belgian chocolate'-covered 'cotton' don't count!! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Good start. You have the information you need on the page, and it's legible, and I didn't see any typos. Overall, the color palate and design are consistent and thorough (if a bit loud for my taste). I would generally err on the side of easier-to-find information rather than zesty graphics, at least somewhere on the site.

I don't like everything being on one page because it breaks the back button -- if I click "about us" and then want to get back to the top of the page, I have to scroll up to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esko
United States
White Haven
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a pretty basic WP template with some zest. Not to bad.

There is a broken script or plug in that makes the site consistently load, even when I am not doing anything... This can bog down the parallax.

"Fix" the menu bar.
ie. I shouldn't have to scroll to the top if I click on the about button and want to go back to the top.

I don't know if you are looking for this information but but it is not really set up for search visibility, there is a lot of work that needs to be done in that area.

Other than that, all is good and the Footer looks great too!

EDIT: Also I just noticed that the social media block and the navigation block are stuck together onload then break apart after everything has loaded... just for crispness I would fix that. It is most likely element placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Smith
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for taking the time to critique! Your input gives me a great idea of what to focus on for the next iteration of the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace McDermott
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Immediate impression: it's a good, clean site with consistent colours - you're already worlds above a lot of sites out there.

Top section - it just seems a little empty when you load the page - could you maybe bring the "get notified about our KS" to the top?

I don't think you need the social media links halfway down, you already have them in the header and footer.

Contact us has a lot of dead space at the bottom of its section (or there's an empty section there that should be hidden).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls