Deansy Von ThunderLizard
Australia
Long Gully
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
badge
From the Internet™
mbmbmbmbmb
Published by Megacon Games this morning is the set up video for recon.

This goes through the set up of the gaming board office & setting up the MERCS Player Boards. It shows the double sided tiles, explaining that each side is themes & has a different look.
There are two extra single tiles so that no board every has to be the same.

I'm not sure if I can post the video here yet, but if you search for MERCS Recon Setup you'll find it.

With so many tiled map games having a set layout for each mission, it's good to see that this game has three main rules to follow to create an office layout that is unique and different.

I'm looking forward to the play through videos coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else bummed by the dice? They look like crap. I really liked the white/color dice that were being used throughout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
Anyone else bummed by the dice? They look like crap. I really liked the white/color dice that were being used throughout.
Actually I like them. Similar to SW:IA. The ones throughout the prerelease demos looks like generic white dice with labels. So these looks like an improvement to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them. Easier to see at a glance. I'm guessing it was more cost effective to make them solid colors, and more durable.

I wouldn't want the white ones if they were stickered. Also, if they were white and the colored sides were painted, then the paint could wear off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deansy Von ThunderLizard
Australia
Long Gully
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
badge
From the Internet™
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, the original ones looked like they had the negative space engraved out and coloured. I mean that would be a very expensive prototype & I do remember somewhere MCG saying that they used stickers, but I liked the white edge with a white icon & the rest coloured.

But I do see why the dice is coloured the colour it is meant to be with the icon engraved out & filled. I do think, and this is only a screenshot from youtube that was taken by another backer (credit where due), the icon seem small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls