Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is winning this II encounter even possible with 2 heroes? cry

- The Pyromancer has 12HP+3A plus 2 Shields for the 1st round.
- The 3 Zombie activations per hero and dice steal means you cannot even think about hitting hard the Pyromancer earlier than the 4th round or so, when remaining zombies are below 6.
- The Pyromancer has 3 AI cards + 1 living bomb attached to a hero at start of battle. Of these 3 cards one says to draw another AI card, so the AI deck cycles really fast.
- And then you have the Enrage+2 card which combined with the party damage Enrage+2 for 2 players gives you maybe 5-6 rounds to live if you have lucky rolls..

And this is a II encounter?! I got smoked and had no chance from the start. Bit of an overpowered combo perhaps? laugh

If anyone has beaten this combo, do let us know how you did it. Personally, I packed the game and shelved it. Will probably pick it up again next week, after my rage-quit subsides...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pyromancer and the zombies can both be very annoying on their own, so I agree that this probably one of the worst setups for a level II encounter.

Regarding strategy, I guess that you have to level up at least one of your heroes such that he can deal strong one hit attacks that can kill the pyomancer within the first 3-4 rounds, while the second hero has to take care (as far as possible) of the zombies. I have not run into this combo yet but I will be happy to give it a try within the next couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael. My problem has been that my ability level ups were not that good damage-wise, and I got no consumables. So I had zero chance...

Still, even if I levelled up well, I think it is nigh impossible to kill this combo with 2 heroes..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave this setup two tries today and lost both. Still, I got the Pyromancer down to 2 HPs twice and I think I could have won, had I made a few better decisions.

Regarding abilities, I think many starting abilities can make enough damage. You just have to make sure to get enough heroism or hope for +1 expose markers to actually deal damage. It's definitely helpful to have one hero provide expose markers (via abilities, terrains, etc.) while the other can do one strong attack. If you can reduce the Pyromancer's health by 3-4 each round, you will be done in round 4. Then you still have enough time to worry about the zombies afterwards. You definitely need to ignore them as much as possible in the beginning (unless they got too many of your dice or prevent you from moving).

It's definitely one of the hardest combos you can get as a level II encounter but it should be possible with some careful planning. And if you can beat this, you will probably be in good shape for level III. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, that's good news (I guess!).. I am still dreading facing that combo again, but I will give it a big bad shot. Your strategy seems reasonable to me, here's hope for some cool consumables too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls