Charles "Chick" Lewis
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: FezMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: Roleplaying Since 1974
Due to Pete Wagner's very entertaining session reports detailing his Upholder campaign, I'm now very interested in British WWII submarines.

Which books should I read to learn more, and become even more excited, please?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an easy read with some good details about British submarine warfare during WW2 is "Wingfield at War"; the exploits of Mervyn Robert George Wingfield.----it has it's dry patches but still worth wild to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Purvis
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2019 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Commands & Colors: Napoleonics fanMicrobadge: For the People fanMicrobadge: England Cricket Team fan
I found, Being Silent They Speak: The Story of a World War II Submarine Unbeaten by David JB Smith, a good read.

It covers the career of HMS Unbeaten until it disappeared in November 1942.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Hodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the back of the Upholder rules there is a list of recommended books. One I would add is "One of Our Submarines" by Edward Young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles "Chick" Lewis
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: FezMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: Roleplaying Since 1974
Thanks, Tyrone, Stuart, and Nigel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Forensicman wrote:
If you look at the back of the Upholder rules there is a list of recommended books. One I would add is "One of Our Submarines" by Edward Young.
Thanks for that. I came across Unbroken in a book shop last year. It was selling for way too much so I thought I'd look for it elsewhere. Of course I forgot, and I've been trying to remember what it was I'd forgotten ever since.

edit for spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Hodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of 2nd hand copies of Unbroken (by Alasdair Mars) to be found on Amazon Marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls