Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of the JJVerse Constitution class. Granted I don't think much of the internals we see on screen but I was thinking about the ship -- supposedly as big as a Galaxy class. Suppose we forget the JJVerse and think just about the ship at the stated size.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I was quite disappointed never to see the Constitution class refit on next generation, DS9, and Voyager. Such an iconic ship would surely be around somewhere -- at least as likely as the Constellation (which supposedly was supposed to be a Constitution class). What if the Federation wanted to bring the Constitution back for nostalgic/morale reasons? Maybe you'd get a retro ship like the JJVerse Constitution but as large as a modern ship and filled with the same tech present in the Sovereign.

If so, it would resemble both the Constitution and the Sovereign in some ways but be roughly comparable.

e.g.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
They didn't scale it up to make it more powerful, the special effects team sized it up because they felt that all of the stuff that was supposed to be in the ship couldn't possibly fit into a 400m vessel. So, they doubled down on everything. Or at least I remember reading that somewhere.

So in JJVerse, the galaxy class would be 1300m or so.

But I don't care about that. I want me that dreadnought class. 2x size, 3x speed, seriously outgunned the Enterprise. It came out to 1460m or 730m (size of a sovereign) in the original timeline. It held up pretty well for having 72 old school torps explode inside it. That would be your monster ship with the kind of stats and text you showed.

The more I think about it, you would basically just take the sovereign class, create a new unique version with CWWTT, and call it the Vengeance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
They didn't scale it up to make it more powerful, the special effects team sized it up because they felt that all of the stuff that was supposed to be in the ship couldn't possibly fit into a 400m vessel. So, they doubled down on everything. Or at least I remember reading that somewhere.

So in JJVerse, the galaxy class would be 1300m or so.

But I don't care about that. I want me that dreadnought class. 2x size, 3x speed, seriously outgunned the Enterprise. It came out to 1460m or 730m (size of a sovereign) in the original timeline. It held up pretty well for having 72 old school torps explode inside it. That would be your monster ship with the kind of stats and text you showed.

The more I think about it, you would basically just take the sovereign class, create a new unique version with CWWTT, and call it the Vengeance.
I'm only taking the idea of the large Constitution to postulate a big Constitution in the Next Gen era. I also have a Halmark Vengeance mounted on a Borg Cube stand for the Mirror faction. It's kind of fun but it turn out big ships on big bases are hard to maneuver when they don't have orthogonal movement. But I like the Vengeance a lot.

So effectively I'm just reusing the JJ Constitution miniature for a new NG ship. The mini I bought is a bit bigger than the Sovereign and Galaxy so the proposed scale fits pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Schrader
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... gotta do SOMEthing with those Hot Wheels JJ Enterprises I bought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls