Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, let the photo-bombing begin!!

I got my copy from Alan (VPG) today in the mail. How quick is that? California to Minnesota in two days. Not bad. Thank you, Alan, for a speedy delivery, you can tell he is giddy to get this out there. So below are the components of this newer edition of NEMO'S WAR, but be warned this is not final production bits, they will make modifications and tweaks for the final product. But I assume what you're looking at is pretty close to the original.

Let's begin--also as a note, I haven't read the new rules or played it yet, but it is on my table, and I'm reading the rules after I get done teaching tonight.

Possible Box art of the new edition(?):

Got the box and ripped it open right away.

I love the word fragile. Reminds me of one of my favorite movies:

I punched the bits and cleaned them--quite a bit of chrome here. Nice. I assume the final copy won't be the VPG sooty counters(?)

Nice cards:

The new map:

Bits & Components (what are the jewels for? Hmmmmmm……):

Let's do some compare & contrast with the old edition. How do they look next to each other:

The ship counters (lots of them!!)

The cards--out with the old and in with the awesome!

The map:

My apologies for this being so long. But as usual with VPG lately, the bits look pretty damn good close up. Some of my photos above don't do them justice--I'll get better shots when I do a play-through later. It's about time a great narrative game like this get a facelift. I love Dawn of the Zeds and Hero of Weehawken for the stories they tell, so if that's the kind of game you're looking for, Nemo's War fits that mold--again I'll have to give a full review later after I have played the new rules/version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Warhammer Age of Sigmar fanMicrobadge: Caylus 1303 fanMicrobadge: Rangers of Shadow Deep fanMicrobadge: Forbidden Stars fanMicrobadge: San Juan fan
Son of a....

Yes. Yes. This is what was needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played my first edition + expansion and decided not to bother when I heard a 2nd was in the works. Glad I'm waiting because this looks fantastic.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
I've never played my first edition + expansion and decided not to bother when I heard a 2nd was in the works. Glad I'm waiting because this looks fantastic.

Jorune
I also held off buying the first edition when I heard there was a 2nd edition on the way. It's just that it's been a very, very long time coming....... And still there's the KS campaign and production period to go through to extend the wait! But it looks awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm hyperventilating... please...send....copy....now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
Microbadge: Evolution of a GeekMicrobadge: Evolution of a GeekMicrobadge: Evolution of a GeekMicrobadge: Evolution of a GeekMicrobadge: Game Elitist
Played the first edition for over a year and sold it in anticipation of this new iteration. I was honored to land a beta test kit for this over a year ago and thought it was great then.
The rules evolution and artwork have now brought NW to fruition as a masterpiece. cool

Well worth the wait--and countingwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That cover! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
That cover is pretty cool.

I just realized how nice the map is compared to the old in the regards to more locations, the fact you get more options of where to go. can't wait to see how that impacts the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

Jorune
Yes I also held out on getting this as I heard they were going to redo it. I had wanted to buy this right after I got Zulus 1st edition but they had redone Zulus and I loved second edition Zulus so much I knew I had to wait for the next edition of Nemos. It seems as if it has been 2 or 3 years of waiting glad to see it is almost done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: New York Jets fanMicrobadge: New York Mets fanMicrobadge: Victory Point Games fan
Great Job Gordon, when I opened beta copy the art was wonderful, looks like it would be a great graphic novel for 20,000 leagues under the Sea.

I will be doing a report soon with pics aswell,just reading through the cards and the Thick narrative feel I was thrown back,congrats Alan Emrich and Chris Taylor.

Coming soon guys a preview Post! And Report!

Stay tuned...

P.S. Ooohhhh Monster! (Beta counters not the final version.)

Edit 3# for picture

Argh! Those French and their fancy flying machines!

P.S. The Beta copy did not come with the Nautilus Mini (Stretch Goal) so I substituted it with a old Star Wars mini (lol) Alan my get a kick out of this, hey not a bad placement hey Alan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
salex724 wrote:
Great Job Gordon, when I opened beta copy the art was wonderful, looks like it would be a great graphic novel for 20,000 leagues under the Sea.

I will be doing a report soon with pics aswell,just reading through the cards and the Thick narrative feel I was thrown back,congrats Alan Emrich and Chris Taylor.

Coming soon guys a preview Post! And Report!

Stay tuned...
Can't wait. go TEAM NEMO!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
875 020 079
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Taiwanese games fan
That artwork is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
I love that cover art showcasing Nemo's large fist which I'm assuming he will use to crush British Imperialism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Morris
Canada
Creston
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks fantastic!!!! The 1st edition if Nemo's War was a big deal to me when I was first really getting into boardgames and to see it getting such beautiful treatment for the 2nd edition is just fabulous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with Ian O'Toole's amazing work on games such as The Gallerist, there was no doubting that the artwork for this second edition of Nemo's War would be nothing less than stunning.

And with Wes Erni (game breaker extraordinaire) having passed a critical eye (and more) over it during alpha testing, an already excellent game by Chris Taylor can only be more ... er ... excellenter!

Not forgetting Alan's development of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we just have to wait for the Kickstarter to go live...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know the artist for this is the same guy who did the The Gallerist. That's impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sheley
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
"You caught the Mountain Wampus!"
badge
"He gave you his treasure chest to let him go free again."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot damn, this is beautiful!!! Ready to Pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the BGG page for Nemo's War (Second Edition) is now open for business. It might be worth moving/copying this forum post over there (or at least provide a link). And if everyone thumbs the cover image at the new page then hopefully it'll get on the front page of BGG and get more buzz for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Transmetropolitan fanMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Nemo's War fanMicrobadge: At Dawn We Ate Sugar Smacks
batdog wrote:
And if everyone thumbs the cover image at the new page then hopefully it'll get on the front page of BGG and get more buzz for the game.
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
batdog wrote:
And if everyone thumbs the cover image at the new page then hopefully it'll get on the front page of BGG and get more buzz for the game.
thumbsup
It's the first image on page 2! Just a few more thumbs should get it there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
anarchy wrote:
batdog wrote:
thumbsup
It's the first image on page 2! Just a few more thumbs should get it there...
It's there on the front page now, and the game is on The Hotness (11th place)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
Black!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Counters on pictures are from regular version or laser-cut add-on ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Transmetropolitan fanMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Nemo's War fanMicrobadge: At Dawn We Ate Sugar Smacks
Palmerex wrote:
Counters on pictures are from regular version or laser-cut add-on ?
They are from the beta version, which uses laser-cut counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls