Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Bit of a rant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Barber
England
Aylesford
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So on Mantics site they are taking orders for the Adventurers companion. It includes a book box.
In my kickstarter package I get a book box with the main game. I get a book box labelled kickstarter exclusive. Then I get the Adventurers companion with no book box. Did anyone else get this problem. Also I have all expansions and can’t get them in 2 book boxes I need my Adventurers companions book box to fit everything. Also I tried to match all the blue hero miniature to all the hero cards and found some hero cards used the same image and they only supplied one miniature for all heroes of that type . Example the dwarf. There are three dwarfs and only one mini what if my home brew adventure is for dwarfs. And what is going on with the text on the cards. I’m 60 and wear glasses and I actually can’t read the small text at all and have to get other players to read them to me. I don’t have this problem with other games. This spoils what is an excellent game
Rant over.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well the drive and initial pledge manager was all before the initial Book Box idea came out. They failed to deliver stuff they promised then so it is less hard to fault them for not delivering stuff they never said we were going to get. Kickstarters by their nature usually do not have to include retail packaging. Some do some don't. They put a lot of effort into the core game which is nice but the adventurers companion not so much.

They promised you 1 dwarf mini. They gave you a couple of extra cards since they did not want all the quests to be linked so it was not like why is my dwarf legendary this game but a wimp the next time when you do a different expansion. Hence they gave the guy a new name. You can easily use other dwarf models for example reaper minis has plastics at about 3-4 dollars a piece which could represent a whole range of dwarves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prepare yourself for the need to rant even more. You may already have been aware, but as far as I know the expansions are going to be released in their own book boxes, which we will not be getting. Sure, if we pledged for all of the expansions during the project we will be getting that KS-exclusive box you mentioned, but retail will have individual book boxes for the expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Torres
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
but as far as I know the expansions are going to be released in their own book boxes
I was thinking just about that... where have you heard that the expansions are going to be released with book boxes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Update 85 on the KS project page.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dungeon-saga...

They talk about it in the Q&A and there are some mentions of it in the comments. From the comments they made the official announcement in a Beasts of War video.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are saying we got extra character cards that aren't listed on the KS page? Rather than not getting minis for characters we were promised?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
when you do a different expansion. Hence they gave the guy a new name. You can easily use other dwarf models for example reaper minis has plastics at about 3-4 dollars a piece which could represent a whole range of dwarves.
My thought too.

When you look in the Companion you see other races that I would complete using Mantic Minis but buying other models from Reaper et al.

This is not a problem that I see but I'm glad that I'm not the only one wondering why I have so many Character Cards but less blue models.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alphawolf wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
when you do a different expansion. Hence they gave the guy a new name. You can easily use other dwarf models for example reaper minis has plastics at about 3-4 dollars a piece which could represent a whole range of dwarves.
My thought too.

When you look in the Companion you see other races that I would complete using Mantic Minis but buying other models from Reaper et al.

This is not a problem that I see but I'm glad that I'm not the only one wondering why I have so many Character Cards but less blue models.
Honestly outside the minis included and the Valandor Expansion the details on the stories for the other expansions was nothing. I was wondering how they would handle the characters and who was supposed to used in each campaign and actually asked Mantic back in August when they did their little week for the non kickstarter preorder. They told us where the new models ended up but did not list where the original 4 got reused. There is a little variation in the reused models I think so that is a plus. Better than just three copies of the exact same card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
Avatar
Microbadge: I kick ass!Microbadge: If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college.Microbadge: I randomly answer questions in contests just for the microbadge.Microbadge: Spellcheck HandicappedMicrobadge: 200 yahoo boots f*** yahoo messenger how's want boots
LegoRick wrote:
Prepare yourself for the need to rant even more. You may already have been aware, but as far as I know the expansions are going to be released in their own book boxes, which we will not be getting. Sure, if we pledged for all of the expansions during the project we will be getting that KS-exclusive box you mentioned, but retail will have individual book boxes for the expansions.
This is standard for any Mantic KS. I think it has to do with Mantic points in the end. Since we get all the the bonuses from the KS...getting Mantic points makes it too easy to get more.

It will also make the box bigger, which might slow down shipping out.

Found this out the hard way with DreadBall, when minis in packets started pouring out on the floor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls