Subject: Handling of player deaths / defeat ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously the rules aren't available online yet, and I haven't studied the videos/previews in any great detail, but I wondered if anyone knows anything about player characters dying?

Do they get wiped (items, abilities, etc)? Reset in some other way? Sit out the remainder of the location or entire quest? Permanently dead? Something else I haven't considered!?

Thanks for any info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ComposerMicrobadge: Game Design HobbyistMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Runebound PBF playerMicrobadge: Writer
I think they said a KO'd hero is removed from the session, but doesn't "die". And if heroes lose a session completely, they continue the campaign with penalties for failure. It's been a while since I watched the videos and read previous answers in other threads, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
I think they said a KO'd hero is removed from the session, but doesn't "die". And if heroes lose a session completely, they continue the campaign with penalties for failure. It's been a while since I watched the videos and read previous answers in other threads, though.
Yep, you basically summed it up pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much everything is said, I just wanted to show an example. In the first quest you have to kill a (kinda tough) Skaven. If you fail the mission, his card is added to all future missions. If you instead succeed, you defeat him and he does not annoy you anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok, thanks!

So KO'd heroes sit out the remainder of the current quest/session.

And total failures (everyone KO'd) can result in modifications to future quests (but not quite quest branching?), and could kind of snowball if you're not careful. But if you do well on the next quest, you can still recover.

Sounds like a fair compromise, and plenty of incentive to not get dead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls