Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't count the factory in Temesvar until after you defeat it through a seige? If so, does that mean no moral loss when Todorovic moves into those Austrian fortresses?

Are the +1 bonuses from moral assigned whenever you want on your next turn and they're 1 use? Or are they +1 to whatever army you assigned it to for that whole turn? Does this apply to the+1 that starts with Transylvania?

Can you seige any fortress that doesn't have a general on it? Ie, can i seige Temesvar or can't i do that until after i successfully capture Arad? And you can't if the general is past it? Ie Todorovic is on Gyula preventing a seige of Arad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and Dembinski...can you not raise the army to +2 unless he's the general? Except the Main track? Or does he automatically move to lead an army as soon as the division is added and it is+2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Valló
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason, thanks for the interest!

1) Yes, the space of Temesvár remains in Austrian hands until you capture it through siege. You don't get the factory until that. Also you get no morale loss if entered by either side because it can only change hands by siege.

2) The +1 bonuses are one use only. You can assign it to any army. If unused, the bonuses will expire at the end of turn. (The penalties also, if you don't attack in the turn - except the -1 from Russian intervention in Transylvania as stated on the card.)

3) You can besiege any enemy fort if a Hungarian army is on it or past it. I.e. you don't need to control Arad to besiege Temesvár, if Todorovic stands on Versec or Serbia. If an enemy general is on the fort or past it, it breaks/prevents the siege as Todorovic does in your example.

4) Yes, Dembinski or the Main Army can be +3. You can't raise an army to +3 if neither conditions are fulfilled.

I hope I cleared the problems. Feel free to ask if there are any other questions and enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
milo baton
msg tools
Windisch-Grätz was activated and went to Komárom, but he was defeated by Görgei. In next turn I flip card with "Komárom sige"; rule says that I should check effect of sige if Windisch-Grätz stands on Komárom or left it. He left it, of course, but not in normal movement to Budapest - like I said, he was deafited. In that situation it looks a little strange that he leaves masking forces. Or am I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Valló
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your thinking is correct: Windisch-Gratz must stand on Komárom or must leave Komárom normally TOWARDS BUDAPEST to besiege the fortress. So no siege in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls