Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Dowrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description for The Hidden Village reads:

Quote:
For the remainder of the round, all attack actions targeted at you have no effect.
And City of Devils reads:

Quote:
(Attack) Choose a player who must give a coin, statue or book (you choose) to another player. You may choose yourself as giver or receiver.
If I play on The Hidden Village, and then later in the same round play on City of Devils, am I prevented from choosing myself as giver or receiver? That would arguably be the literal interpretation of The Hidden Village's ability, but it seems strange -- I'm not really attacking myself, since I'm deliberately choosing to give or take that item. Or is it intentional, that protecting myself from attacks comes at the cost of some of City of Devils' flexibility?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think you can since it is an attack and it targets you and another player. I am not sure though, good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dowrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm, the problem is that the rules don't define what it means for an attack to be "targeted at" a player.

You could also argue that if I play on The Creeping Main Street or Forgotten Alley, those attacks "target" me by causing me to gain an item from another player. I don't think that's what's intended (even less so than City of Devils, since I'm not choosing myself as a target), but it would certainly be interesting if that was how The Hidden Village worked, protecting you from attacks but also preventing you from using most of them for your own benefit ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Chambers
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
And is "target" only one side of the transaction, or both? Can the target be the giver or only the receiver, besides whether they are chosen or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls