Subject: Tip for anyone wanting to buy this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mongo england
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly this is just excellent and you won't be disappointed
The expansion comes with stickers to replace the start and die facing distribution tables on the player screens BUT they are a bit too thin and the old values can still be seen through the whiteness.

I suggest you cut a standard white label to stick over the tables first then apply the new ones

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A thread like this should be 'stickied'. Do you see what I did there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran

More here:

Dice Chart Labels are See Through

Not a huge deal, but a good tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ONLY bit of the screens that I've ever had to refer to was the value of shipping as trade. And that was only for the first few games. I've never studied the dice charts, so the fact that they're a bit see-thru is a non-issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Blowes
Australia
Ingleburn
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
The ONLY bit of the screens that I've ever had to refer to was the value of shipping as trade. And that was only for the first few games. I've never studied the dice charts, so the fact that they're a bit see-thru is a non-issue.
Then you need to get better ;)

You level up in Roll when you start factoring in the probabilities of what will be rolled on any given colour dice into what strategy you pursue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remy Lebeau wrote:
RDewsbery wrote:
Then you need to get better

You level up in Roll when you start factoring in the probabilities of what will be rolled on any given colour dice into what strategy you pursue.
I think he means that the distributions are thematic enough that there is no need to study the exact numbers on the dice. Selection when returning to the cup is usually pretty obvious and trying to predict the roll is just an exercise in futility. Dice hate me.

I do teach often so the screens get referred to regularly, not sure that I will bother with the replacement chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange and black dice are hard to simply categorise, but generally you want them. In most other cases you can use the rule of thumb yellow > green > anything else > white, unless wanting to ship when purple wins, or wanting a colour match to produce or ship, or having a reassign ability that works only on white dice. That summary may also break down in "A or B" cases such as "I want to develop or settle, but don't care which". The harder cases are when picking between red, cyan and brown, then the chart can be useful.

(If you're in the case of trying to decide e.g. which of green, black and orange to recover, you probably are where you shouldn't be.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls