Subject: Well a brand spanking new IPad Air 2 WOULD have been nice.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sharon Deuschle
United States
Addison
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Chihuahua loverMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fanMicrobadge: I love Nordic countries!Microbadge: Plays Games with Your Spouse
We were all set to get a new iPad Air 2 (upgrade from an iPad 2) at a pre-Black Friday sale next Saturday only to discover that it's not compatible. I get the bluetooth LE and 5.0 OS issues for android, but why won't the app work on the Air 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Golem Arcana fanMicrobadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: 2014 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: Pathfinder RPG - I worship Cayden Cailean
Apologies that the Supported Devices list hasn't been updated to include the Air 2, I can make sure the necessary people are notified. There are multiple players who have confirmed it working on the forums. Did you see something posted stating otherwise?

EDIT: Will have to check if it can be added to the official list, as I just remembered that the official list only includes devices that the HBS staff have vetted themselves to verify compatibility, and it's possible they haven't obtained an Air 2 yet to complete this process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blake
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Weimaraner loverMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Infinity: A Skirmish Game fan
Works fine on my Air 2. Are you sure they don't mean iPad 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Deuschle
United States
Addison
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Chihuahua loverMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fanMicrobadge: I love Nordic countries!Microbadge: Plays Games with Your Spouse
Aaron and Tom- thanks for the verification that the iPad Air 2 will support the app. I was going by the supported devices list on the website for the game. Husband will be so pleased

We have been having a great time playing this. My husband and son don't know yet, but there will be two, maybe three Colossus under the tree from Santa this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
Microbadge: Wolf of the WeekMicrobadge: Are you lookin' at me?!Microbadge: Er... not completely!Microbadge: BackstabberMicrobadge: I play an Assassin!
As an excited KS backer of this, I ditched my ipad mini for an ipad air 2 last year, and confirm that it works (and works great) with it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golem Arcana fanMicrobadge: Iron Maiden fanMicrobadge: Adoptive parentMicrobadge: I print my own components.Microbadge: I backed Mythic Battles: Pantheon on Kickstarter!
There are "unofficial" lists both here on bgg and on the GA forums. Devices on those lists have been confirmed by players to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls