christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just looking for some like minded people in my area for either Friday or Saturdays to play some games with. I would even be able to go to as far as Maitland for Coolstuffinc on Fridays if anything it is just Wednesdays are bad for me due to me working late or else I would go there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris

Check

Gaming in Orlando Florida Area

I'm actually hosting here in Longwood this Sunday, see the Orlando Strategy Game Night meetup for more info if Sunday's also work for you

cestevespr wrote:
I am just looking for some like minded people in my area for either Friday or Saturdays to play some games with. I would even be able to go to as far as Maitland for Coolstuffinc on Fridays if anything it is just Wednesdays are bad for me due to me working late or else I would go there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I work Sundays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cestevespr wrote:
Unfortunately I work Sundays.
Then you may want to go to Robert's in Longwood 3rd Saturdays, next one the 21st

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that! Will try to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Barry
United States
Palm Coast
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
May I suggest the Daytona Beach game night group on Meetup.
Also Gamers Sanctuary in Daytona beach/holly hill has a game night on mondays (though I have not yet attended myself).
Tabletop Masters on meetup is another you may want to consider though most meetings there are based in the Palm Coast area.
However if you were to post a game day I am sure you would not have a problem getting a response. Both groups have a solid core of dedicated gamers and most a memebers of both groups.

Hope this was useful information.
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my schedule is horrible for meetup groups as I work 12 to 8 in the afternoons Sunday-Thursday. The only real days I can play are Friday and Sundays, and generally no one plays anything on friday due to MtG. Also, Palm Coast is a bit of a drive from Deltona.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Barry
United States
Palm Coast
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
A majority of our game days are held on Saturdays.
Mike who runs the Daytona Beach game day hosts at his house one to two times a month if that is not too far for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cestevespr wrote:
Also, Palm Coast is a bit of a drive from Deltona.
I was wondering exactly where you were located since Volusia goes up a big area... and Sanford/Longwood is in Seminole.

I tried to host a couple Saturday's ago... had to cancel as only 1 RSVP... I may try again for a week from this Saturday the 14th (on the other hand I've already got 9 us us for gaming this Sunday, don't know if my Sat attempt was a fluke).

btw you do have a game store in Deltona, they have a meetup at

http://www.meetup.com/Central-Florida-Gaming-Magic-TCG-RPG-a...

but no board gaming Fri or Sat... they did relatively recently started listing Wednesday nights as boardgames... I almost went this past Wednesday but they never replied to my question and another gamer did reply that he went and left being told they canceled that (even though their calendar continues to list it!)... any case that guy is listed as living in Deltona, name is Chris... you may wish to contact him via meetup, see his comments at

http://www.meetup.com/Central-Florida-Gaming-Magic-TCG-RPG-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the only other rsvp that day and tried to go there for Wednesday but when I got there the store owner told me he canceled it. My name is Chris you must be the one who questioned how long at night it was over. He really should remove it from meetup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pellegrini
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Both me and the wife use this account.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

I second Jeff's suggestion to come to Robert's on the 21st. It's very well attended and there's a wide variety of gaming tastes represented. If you do come, I'll be there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMark wrote:
Hi Chris,

I second Jeff's suggestion to come to Robert's on the 21st. It's very well attended and there's a wide variety of gaming tastes represented. If you do come, I'll be there too.
Just wanted to thank you and Jeff for convincing me to go to Roberts. It was pretty awesome and cannot wait till the next meetup. Also gave me some ideas for my own meetup in Deland. By the way my brain is still burning from Russian Railroads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Coffey
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris:

Just wanted to let you know that we run a gaming convention in Jacksonville. Rapier 2016 will be held the weekend of February 12-14, 2016.

Www.rapiercon.com

Chip Coffey
Ccoffey706@aol.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely be looking into this as the other con sells out entirely too quickly and at a higher cost. Plus my daughter would enjoy this I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cestevespr wrote:
By the way my brain is still burning from Russian Railroads.
if you want a real burn we'll have to get you into a game of Terra Mystica, Power Grid, Puerto Rico, etc!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Coffey
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapier also has a Facebook page.

Other brain burners: Madeira, Food Chain Magnate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
cestevespr wrote:
By the way my brain is still burning from Russian Railroads.
if you want a real burn we'll have to get you into a game of Terra Mystica, Power Grid, Puerto Rico, etc!
I own Puerto Rico and enjoy it very much and didnt find it nearly as bad. I heard good things about Power Grid though. If I get there early enough I would not mind trying Terra Mystica out either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls