Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding Tiara and Cat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
When does the tiara ability trigger? Is it when you enter a tile adjacent to a guard, exit a tile adjacent to a guard, or both?

As for the cat, do you check it at the start of the turn (like the dog?) and do you only check it if there are alarm tokens? Do you have to spend an action to pick it back up?

I couldn't find anything in the rules on either of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
Centerville
UT
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Fowers Games fanMicrobadge: Sabotage fanMicrobadge: Latter-day Saint
tiara: it's both on leaving or entering.

cat is attracted to the nearest room with an alarm icon at the start of the turn of the player holding him. it does not take an action to pick the cat back up once you are in his tile.

Sorry, the loot was a stretch goal and I didn't clarify them in the rules more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fubeca wrote:
tiara: it's both on leaving or entering.

cat is attracted to the nearest room with an alarm icon at the start of the turn of the player holding him. it does not take an action to pick the cat back up once you are in his tile.

Sorry, the loot was a stretch goal and I didn't clarify them in the rules more.
Thanks for the response, Tim. There do seem to be some rules ambiguities, mostly pertaining to parts of the game added as stretch goals.

However the game is a lot of fun and most of those issues do not inhibit the game play enough to impact the enjoyment from playing.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millard
United States
flag msg tools
Hi,

I had a follow up question regarding the tiara.

The question I have involves what happens when you move onto a tile with a guard. Technically, exiting the adjacent tile should cause a trigger, and being on the same tile as the guard should cause a second trigger, so this movement should remove 2 stealth tokens. This seems a little extreme, e.g. consider what happens when you're two tiles away from guard and move four tiles in a line, crossing the guard:

1.) first move enters a tile adjacent to the guard, - 1 stealth token
2.) second move exits a tile adjacent to the guard and results in being on the same tile as the guard, - 2 tokens
3.) third move enters a tile adjacent to the guard, -1 token
4.) fourth move exits a tile adjacent to the guard, -1 token

Hence you lose 5 tokens in total, instantly ending the game.

Similarly, if the guard lands on you, then to escape, you'll have to use up 2 more stealth tokens to get away, right? One to enter a tile adjacent to a guard and another to exit that tile? That, in addition to the stealth token you lost when the guard landed on you.

Is this all the correct behavior or is there some limit to the damage that the tiara can do? Or when you have the tiara, are you supposed to just make sure you are nowhere near the guard? I suppose a last question might be, can you drop a loot and come back for it later (or get another player to pick it up later)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
Microbadge: My wife says I have too many board gamesMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: MYTH fanMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: 2016 10x10 game challenge hardcore award - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!
You would really want to keep away from the guard when you have the tiara.

New rules: no dropping items, but can exchange with other players on same file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Vomocil
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I Love Oregon Beer!Microbadge: Surfing fanMicrobadge: Reef Tank ownerMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Gearlocs Rock!Microbadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
Chinkster wrote:
You would really want to keep away from the guard when you have the tiara.

New rules: no dropping items, but can exchange with other players on same file.
New Rules?

I only just got the game and read the rulebook, but what you are suggesting is what I already believed to be the rules as written. It clearly states you can trade/give items with players on the same tile, and I do not recall any mention in the rulebook of dropping items. Thus, I assumed it was illegal to drop items.

Also, I'm halfway through my first solo run (playing two-players) and lovin it! I just cracked my first safe and drew the tiara, which led me here.. Nbd, this is why I play solo before teaching the game to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Vomocil
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I Love Oregon Beer!Microbadge: Surfing fanMicrobadge: Reef Tank ownerMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Gearlocs Rock!Microbadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
itsmeitsme wrote:

Similarly, if the guard lands on you, then to escape, you'll have to use up 2 more stealth tokens to get away, right? One to enter a tile adjacent to a guard and another to exit that tile? That, in addition to the stealth token you lost when the guard landed on you.
I would say you are correct, but that would be a bad move. Why not just sit tight and wait for the guard to leave? It's way too risky running around like that while carrying the tiara!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls