Subject: Starter setup-non competitive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
christopher esteves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive starter setup for two people? I am not competitive nor do I have a desire to. I don't have a price point either but if possible sub 50, but cheapest I can that would be balanced versus either. Do they have something like a duel deck like magic the gathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting at this point, I would recommend buying one of each of the Core Sets. Gives you a lot of options. Target sells the core sets, and often they'll sell them at 50% off ($20), so keep your eyes open for that. Then, add in a Large ship for either side, such as a Falcon or Outrider, and Slave 1 or a Shuttle. That should easily get you to 100 points for either side, enough to have fun.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle G
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
For casual play, something as simple as a core set and a Y-wing and TIE advanced expansion can make for a solid game. Really, you should just buy what you want to play with. Perhaps one each of the original trilogy ships that you like the most to fit within your budget. You don't need much of a "purchasing strategy" unless you are aiming for competitive play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Kentz
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Effenhoog wrote:
For casual play, something as simple as a core set and a Y-wing and TIE advanced expansion can make for a solid game. Really, you should just buy what you want to play with. Perhaps one each of the original trilogy ships that you like the most to fit within your budget. You don't need much of a "purchasing strategy" unless you are aiming for competitive play
I totally agree with this!

When I started, the first ships I bought after the original core set were (in order), Y-Wing, Tie Advanced, Millenium Falcon,and Lamda Shuttle. This gave me a lot of cinematic fun. I then bought another original core to add an extra X-wing and Tie fighters. I first though I'd be a casual player and add a ship or 2 a month.. Pfft... now 6 months in I am now an X-Wing crack addict! Besides the Huge ships I am only missing a couple.. and have multiples of many... and I go to local game store tournaments several times a month! It's a slippery slope!

Have fun!

Jerome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls