149 (3)
514 (2)
123 (4)
853 (4)
891 (4)
162 (4)
476 (4)

Yeah, finally got my game

tried two worlds solo (playing multiple players)

The first game was 762 with 2 players.
Getting the rules took a bit, but setting up the board was a really though thing (I don't have the cool poster).
The game was about building roads to get income, but also to get majorities. The first one to reach one of every kind got 10 extra, and if anyone would have managed to get 2 of every kind he would have gotten 20 extra.
Blue played against white, both starting in the centre of map 5.
Both build a few roads to get some income, to build more roads. The first possible card, was the scoring card, but both had mostly the same things (as everybody went for income and not for majorities). Blue got a desert more (and the 10 extra points). As this got them both a lot extra points, both lost everything after the scoring. Only the roads stayed, so white could just connect everything with only 1 resident each and get all the roads. This gave him also a really huge income. Blue had to build new roads and only got really little money.
White nearly managed to get 2 of each kind, but then after blues turn there was another scoring. So both lost everything again. This time it was blue first (as white got a lot more points) but he had why to less money to connect lot and white got most of his roads back. The third scoring came also really fast and blue had no chance.
We played only on about 10 hexes, which was a bit strange to have this really huge plan and then just use 16%.
Also I felt It wasn't really good with 2 players, but this could possible be different with more.

The second game I choose was 291 and with 3 players.
I kept the same plan, as I was to lazy to build it again (that's the really the most annoying part).
The goal was to reach all cities as fast as possible with your trolly (as this was played without residents). Because of 9.II, the players bought shares of companies. These got their income from going to the cities as fast as possible too. So this was a real rush game and the stronger companies get always stronger (but also more expansive). One player bought green (the most expensive) and managed to buy only a few extra and bring them to 10 cities. Purple was really close most of the time, but mist one city, so was 7 points behind. Orange was in the middle most of the time, but managed a great comeback to score equal with green. White was always a bit behind, and blue sucked most of the time, but got 3 more cities in the last turn, to at least be worth 40.
As said one player got green nearly for himself, but also only a few and not too much else. He scored 718 points.
Another player got 5 Orange and mostly the lesser ones, but also less. He only got 653 points. The last player managed to get 1 share more than the first. His were worth less (only 1 green and 3 orange) but the one extra share was enough to win the game with 727, so a 9 points lead (which is really not much).
Shares were only sold in the second and third round, but after that player kept their shares, as most companies will score good in this game.

This was a really cool game, it was pretty easy, after I understood the shares mechanic. The board was filled up, with 5 trollys putting settlements there. It was always an interesting decision, in what to buy sell. Probably would play again (or maybe 921 as it looks pretty similar).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 291 and 762
So just played another 4 player game: 237

So Race again, but this time without trolleys. Also with privileges and fabrics as income. Some extra points for majorities at the end.

There were some though decisions between, buying more residents to get to more cities, or buying privileges and fabrics. Blue would probably has one, as he had so much income to reach a few cities the next round. But then white (which nearly bought no fabrics, but got the reach city +15 income tile) connected 3 more cities to end the game and win.
As purple and green had their turn afterwards they both only tried to connect to 6 cities too and score some majorities. Green decided to go equal with white in 2 types instead of stealing one (as both get points in that case) so they both managed to beat blue. If blue had guessed that it is only 1 round left, he probably could have gotten 2 place.

Was also a really good and enjoyable game. Maybe I will play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 291 and 762 (and 237)
Appreciate the reports Jack, keep 'em coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 291 and 762 (and 237)
Stormparkiet wrote:
Appreciate the reports Jack, keep 'em coming.
Thanks, if I get the time to play more I will probably write more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 291 and 762 (and 237 (and 523))
Because of your post, I just played another game: 523

Exploring, while getting money from cities and privileges.
Both expanded really fast and getting a few privileges each. Green got the exploring privilege which sadly was not really that helpful in the beginning. White got +15 for cities which was really strong, as he had a lot luck and found several cities fast. But Green decided to switch sides and move to the cities of white and managed to get a really high income. With the "residents cost 8" privileges, he managed to score most of the vp still on the tiles (players didn't farm much, mostly exploring) and to reach whites lead. Sadly he made the mistake to explore to much so white could end the game, and win with a few points more. If Green would have explored 3 hexes less, white couldn't have ended and would have fewer residents for the last round and would have lost.
It was also a fun game, there were decisions between exploring more and stealing vp from the other player. Buying privileges is also a though decision, because money was slow at the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another 2-Player game
Felt a lot like risk, as you get money for most connected spaces. So both pushed and build streets to 2 sets pretty fast. Because the second player can choose the start position of the first, blue was in a bit bad situation as he had a water front next to him. So most of the time, there were some spaces in the middle which were battled really hard. Blue saw pretty fast, that purple had a good lead, as he managed to get a third set. He tried to cut of a few hexes, with stealing one connection path. This worked, but didn't do much, because purple then attacked his route and the plan never worked again. He tried on on some other place too, but there were only deserts, which didn't helped his income.
Soon enough purple managed to buy enough residents to get all his settlements on the board, as there was a big corner of the map were blue had no way to come by (behind the water wall). So I didn't bother to count as it was clear that purple won.
Still a nice game and worked well with 2. Luck was not that big part, as you mostly attacked with a big force against a why smaller one, so the output was pretty clear. Blue tried some desperate attacks with few figures on grass (3 against 5) and captured the space.
7.III was pretty much ignored, because purple won anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone still reading this?
Or would it be better to post them in some extra thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still here, still interested

It seems to me that adding more reports to the same thread should be more interesting than creating several threads with each containing a single report. It will be more likely to be thumbed, resulting in more exposure over time.

I hope others will also post to encourage you to keep playing and reporting in this thread. Until then, have some !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just afraid that people read my initial post as it showed up in their subscriptions, but not the responses as they didn't subscribe this thread, but only 504. So if I would post another thread, people would see it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carlile
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Enjoying your reports. Keep at it, much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Keep going
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should rate your games at http://504-2f.de/ it's a dropdown menu from the first module slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
I'm just afraid that people read my initial post as it showed up in their subscriptions, but not the responses as they didn't subscribe this thread, but only 504. So if I would post another thread, people would see it again.
I'd make the title say how many worlds you played. Then I would put a list of all the played worlds in the first post. Unless you want your title to get out of hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Jack Spirio wrote:
Definitely would prefer one thread of your experiences to multiple!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played two more games today
The first with a real opponent
813 and 928
Will write about them tomorrow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
You should rate your games at http://504-2f.de/ it's a dropdown menu from the first module slot.
I did that already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Is anyone still reading this?
Yes.
Jack Spirio wrote:
Or would it be better to post them in some extra thread?
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So as promised my reviews fr to om yesterday games:

First we played 813. It took a bit to understand the combination of 8 and 1, especially how many goods you can sell per city. We started both near the middle lake right next to each other and started to expand to the cities near both, to get them before the opponent could. Then we went the other way to connect the far away stuff and only in the last turns we et on the opposite side of the map. But interaction was still there, as you have to look what the other player will be selling next round, so you can sell something different. Privileges were a nice addition. Josef got the cheap upgrade and +1 movement and managed to get 8 movement really fast, while I only updated once the hole game. But I got the "Treat mountains as grass" card, which helped my movement and my ore selling abilities.
I managed to connect 3 more cities, to get 8 and end the game, in the same round, as I had the card to not pay for trade-posts if I am second. He managed to sell 1 more good, but had one trade-post less, and I had both vp privileges, so won 39 with 33.

This would be maybe a bit better game with more people, as there would be more interaction.

Then we played 928.
We started with all companies, which was probably a mistake, as there was no really any space left for the last one, as every company tried to get as many new spaces and cities as possible. We forgot the rule from 2 that you can move your hq, which cost me a lot income from white.
There were some interesting decisions in the Share Rounds as some companies had no real possibility to get income sometimes. So there was some selling and re-buying during these Rounds were I made some mistakes, as Josef managed to get more shares then me and get way more money at the end then me.
But still it was a fun game, and the shares mechanic works really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I nearly played every module in every position (note: I have played 456, 375 and 618 here via PBF) I played a game with mostly all the missing ones (you can try to find out which last one is missing): 149

Shares weren't really sold much, as money flew really fast. Blue once sold a share really early to upgrade the movement. White bought that, and paid with an own one, which blue bought in the next round. But after that player had always enough money, so no one wanted to give away vp.
Blue had a rough start as he was starting player and got a city with water next to it and could only settle a few in the beginning. But he managed to use his trolley to move some residents a few spaces to get more income. This took up some extra movement and he started delivering late. But because of that he started upgrading movement really early, which the others did wait quite a while. Later on he could often move a lot and deliver 9 goods. White had not many different tiles next to him, so he had to white a bit until he got the good income bonus.
Trolleys moved to the centre pretty fast and then got all the cities there. But soon these were all fulfilled, so they had to take the longer routes to the cities at the edge. Expansion was also mostly to the middle, but also to sides where it was easy. Cities were only attacked in the centre, as fights were after movement, which didn't helped this round. Most of the time attacking an opponent was worth more.
Green still had all his shares at the end, but they were only worth 40 as he got 8 goods. Blues shares were worth 46 and he got a white one, which was only worth 33 as white didn't manage to deliver an fish. So white was clearly the looser and blue had a good lead before green.

This was an interesting experience. 1 and 4 combined play interesting. The cities in the centre are all pretty close, but you need one additional move to enter as long as they are not yours. So still not that easy. Shares were sadly not really used, but the turn order change lead to some interesting decisions as green for example once attacked less, to get another turn immediately and sell a corn in the fish town before white. This helped him get the fish and hindered white a lot.
I liked this game, but I would like to see 9.III more in action, in some game, where it is really strong to sell shares. Combining 1 and 4 leads also to a nice feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you haven't played with 8.II or 4.III. you also haven't played with the following pairs of modules 15, 17, 24, 34, 36, 39, 48, 58, 59, 69, 78, 79.
so it looks like a x84 (with x being 2, 3, 5 or 7)is required play, and maybe 396 as it deals with 3 combinations that you haven't played with and involves companies with tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you also give a 1-10 rating of each world in your first post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did that on the 2F page
But I'm not sure if my ratings are telling, as I seldom give really high or low points, as there is always a chance to find something better/worse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So today I was at our local Store and played one game with a buddy there.
I let him choose and he wanted to play with trolley, exploration and war. We ended up playing 514
This was a bit strange at the beginning, as you couldn't sell anything in the first round and also in some other rounds, so we ended often with just the base income. I managed to make a route in the centre, so I got some income in the beginning, but making the others worth more. We then found a few cities to sell the same goods again, sometimes even for only 10. Later he found city 5 deep in his territory and could deliver 2 fish pretty fast for a lot money. I tried to get to him and sell some fish too, but it took to long. I was ahead with the vp, as I had some additional income at the begging, but later he had so much money that he caught me and then he managed to end the game, while he finally got more.
It was an interesting game, there were decisions between transporting goods, exploring or farming. I'm not completely sure if we played this correct, but I assumed that if you destroy someone's settlement and build a own there you immediately get the second vp still there without the need of farming. Because of this, we started to farm most of the stuff which was near the border of our pieces, so attacking was not really effective.
It was really cool, that I just picked the game and needed only a few minutes to grasp how it work and explain it to someone who has never played 504 before. He understand the concept and dough he made some mistakes he won. Just for those people thinking you have to be totally prepared before explaining a world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
I did that on the 2F page
But I'm not sure if my ratings are telling, as I seldom give really high or low points, as there is always a chance to find something better/worse
I'd still find it useful to have them here. It's good to contribute to the aggregate ratings, but I don't think I'll go looking for those specific games on the 2F site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:

[…]
We then found a few cities to sell the same goods again, sometimes even for only 10. Later he found city 5 deep in his territory and could deliver 2 fish pretty fast for a lot money. […]
Did you sort all cities in the draw stack from 4 to 10 (in your 2-player game)? Of course you do not know where you find the cities, but you know, that the first five cities will give you each of the five goods types once, before cities 6 to 10 will give you the same goods again.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |