Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Elness
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For the most part, I find the rules for High Heavens simple and clear. I would just like to verify that I'm using "Cursed Kopesh" correctly.

This seems to be the one weapon card that stays with the god after being played, as it continues to have an effect in subsequent turns. Each time the god with this piece of equipment enjoys a "successful attack" (which I presume means an attack that does damage), the attacked god gains one poison. Yes?

On the other hand, strictly speaking, the text of the card combined with the card's name could mean that my god gains a poison each time he or she successfully attacks an opponent. Certainly, this interpretation would make Cursed Kopesh far less valuable, to the point of most people not wanting to play it very often.

Anyway, loving the game so far! Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Green
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar question when playing - and to add on to this, does Cursed Kopesh retain its identity once it is dropped by the god it was played on and picked up by another god, or does it just become another attack bonus chip?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lesser
United States
providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello-
Happy to hear that you are enjoying the game!
The Cursed Kopesh does retain its identity even when a new god controls it. I recommend leaving the Cursed Kopesh "out" on the table to remind players that it is on the board.
-Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Irwin
United States
Bad Axe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a god that already has 2 attack ring chips drop one and pickup the cursed Kopesh? I ruled that he could if he wanted to spend the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
Microbadge: Game TeacherMicrobadge: French Press Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: I play with white!Microbadge: Best Pimped Boardgame of the Month winnerMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my games
giantrobot wrote:
The Cursed Kopesh does retain its identity even when a new god controls it. I recommend leaving the Cursed Kopesh "out" on the table to remind players that it is on the board.
This answers our question as well. This ruling has huge implications, making this card (from the Egyptian Expansion) one of the most powerful cards in the game! We played as you advised, Ryan, attaching the card to the god during play, rather than discarding it to the pile when the action point was spent. However we didn't allow it to carry over its poisonous attributes to the next god to wield it. Next time we'll remedy that.

jirwin wrote:
Can a god that already has 2 attack ring chips drop one and pickup the cursed Kopesh? I ruled that he could if he wanted to spend the action.
There is no provision in the game for spending an action to drop something. This just isn't in the menu of actions. Nor is there a provision in the rules for taking more than the maximum number of power-ups, just to "force drop" a different one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls