Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
The last two times our group has played, we have chosen thematic villain/environment combinations. On Halloween we battled Gloomweaver in Blackwood Forest, and tonight on Guy Fawkes Day we battled Citizen Dawn in the Freedom Tower. What other combinations of villain and environment go together, and why?

EDIT: I did not express myself well in my original post. I am looking for villain/environment combinations that fit an EXTERNAL theme (a particular holiday, an event, something else).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have have or know a lot about cauldron so I can't comment on any they pair up with.

Grand Warlord Voss and the mobile defense platform. The Battalion members have some actual consequence as they all have the minion keyword and so count towards Voss's conditions for flipping, DR, and win condition.

Akash'Bhuta and the Final Wasteland or Enclave of the Endlings. These environment decks have a good amount of targets in them. With the Final Wasteland I see it being thematic that Akash'Bhuta would still be around and would be stronger in a place where she should see little opposition. With Enclave of the Endlings I could Akash'Bhuta being a creature of interest in that group easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Plague Rat in Pike Industrial (the toxic vats work well with him, and I think of him as mutated by toxic waste anyway), and the Chairman in Rook City (which is thematically supposed to be the city he controls, but that game is basically impossible to win, I'm afraid...).

Ambuscade being a big game hunter would be thematically appropriate for Insula Primalis (or the Final Wasteland, perhaps).

And, I don't know how thematic you'd consider it, but I keep coming back to the idea of fighting Omnitron with Omnitron X in Omnitron IV...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure people are getting what I am aiming for here...though I appreciate the suggestions. I am looking for THEME. Something like what I posted for Halloween (Gloomweaver in Blackwood Forest). There does not need to be any actual synergy between the villain and the environment.

I apologize for the confusion - not sure how to better state what I am looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: BloggerMicrobadge: My Games PlayedMicrobadge: Decktet challenge!Microbadge: Spirit Island - BlightMicrobadge: You will start to feel very sleepy...
I think grendelsbayne was responding with theme. Pike Industrial Complex is the kind of place Plague Rat would hide out.

Also:

Citizen Dawn's base is on Insula Primalis.

The Ennead raiding the Tomb of Anubis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme and synergy go hand in hand quite a bit. I could easily see Voss seeing the MDP as asset in his invasion. I listed theme I see with the others too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmagnus wrote:
I think grendelsbayne was responding with theme. Pike Industrial Complex is the kind of place Plague Rat would hide out.
The chemicals from Pike Industrial caused both Plague Rat and Spite so facing either of them there makes sense thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize again. I am not looking to be a jerk...I am just not expressing myself correctly.

I want to know if there are villain/environment combinations that fit an EXTERNAL theme (finally figured out a way to specify what I want). For instance, when it was Halloween, we decided to choose our villain and environment based on which ones seemed to fit the HALLOWEEN theme. Likewise, for Guy Fawkes Day, we chose a villain (CITIZEN Dawn) and environment (FREEDOM Tower) that seemed to fit the external theme of Guy Fawkes (though the link is not great, we worked with what we had ).

So, what I am looking for are EXTERNAL themes that would potentially tie a villain and environment together that might not be linked within the game. They COULD be linked to each other, but they do not HAVE to be.

This is meant to be a much lighter exercise than people are making it out to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Infinitor (insane) in Time Cataclysm (Surprise Shopping Trip) for American Thanksgiving (Black Friday)? =). Bonus rule: start with Surprise Shopping Trip in play, and it is indestructible.

Akash'Bhuta in Insula Primalis for Arbour Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BookendMicrobadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: Bookend
Iron Legacy for Christmas... He knows if you've been bad or good...so you better be good...for...goodness...sake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Migrant Programmer wrote:
How about Infinitor (insane) in Time Cataclysm (Surprise Shopping Trip) for American Thanksgiving (Black Friday)? =). Bonus rule: start with Surprise Shopping Trip in play, and it is indestructible.

Akash'Bhuta in Insula Primalis for Arbour Day.
This is what I am talking about. The Shopping Trip idea is inspired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
La Capitan in Atlantis for Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19th)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
Expatriette versus Citizen Dawn for Mother's Day.
Young Legacy versus Iron Legacy for Father's Day.
Tempest versus Voss in Dok'Thorath Capital for Independence Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb