Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love games with spaceships!Microbadge: eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminateMicrobadge: I love Hong KongMicrobadge: ColorblindMicrobadge: Invisible Pink Unicorn
So I've been looking at this again and I see there are some unofficial rule sets that present a complete, monolithic game. I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the Warlords rules set vs the Cross Dimensions rules set vs any of the other sets out there. I was also wondering since the more recent Warlords rules are about 10 pages less than their older manual, what's been cut out of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Duncan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest edition on warlords I have is a few years old. Also the link I have for their site no longer works. Do you have a link that is current?

Haven't looked at CD so I can't do a side-by-side comparison; but I will say that I really enjoyed the Warlords rules for missiles and their rules for spinal mount weapons (aka Wave Motion Gun)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love games with spaceships!Microbadge: eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminateMicrobadge: I love Hong KongMicrobadge: ColorblindMicrobadge: Invisible Pink Unicorn
This has several versions.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~colefam/

The 2007 version is 56 pages. The 2009 update is just 47 pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls