Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter deluge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Tristan, what with Gloomhaven, Folklore, Perdition, Sword and Sorcery, which ones did you back, and which ones do you think will offer experiences that are the most different from Gloom of Kilforth?

(Runebound 3rd ed and Legends of Andor reprint! Glorious time for fantasy board gaming).

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He backed most of those as well as a couple of others. You can actually see what he backed on his KS profile.

Also, we now know where our funds went.

Actually, I'm really surprised to see that I've backed more game projects than him. Too many miniature KS in my case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokemeister wrote:
...Also, we now know where our funds went.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!! gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mydnight wrote:
So, Tristan, what with Gloomhaven, Folklore, Perdition, Sword and Sorcery, which ones did you back, and which ones do you think will offer experiences that are the most different from Gloom of Kilforth?

(Runebound 3rd ed and Legends of Andor reprint! Glorious time for fantasy board gaming).

Cheers

You can see the projects I backed on my profile here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/tristanhall

I think the games you mentioned are essentially tactical miniature battle type games, some with campaign play, so they’re all quite a different experience from Gloom of Kilforth, which focuses more on the over-arching saga narratives rather than individual combats.

I haven’t played Andor yet, but on the surface Runebound would probably be the closest genre fit in terms of zoomed out fantasy world-exploring. I’d really like to see them move up from ‘miss-a-turn’ movement dice and include more non-combat encounters in the third edition. Oh, and don’t forget FFG’s Warhammer Quest adventure card game, that looks ace too!

Bernado wrote:
Jokemeister wrote:
...Also, we now know where our funds went.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!! gulp

I realise this was a tongue in cheek comment but as a point of interest backers might be reassured to know that I haven’t drawn a single penny from the GoK funding pot for personal use yet, and I don’t intend to until the project is being fulfilled.

Jokemeister wrote:
Actually, I'm really surprised to see that I've backed more game projects than him. Too many miniature KS in my case!

When you back games like Kingdom Death there’s only so much room left in your house. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you also backed Apocrypha Adventure Card Game. That's the one I'm most excited for. I'm going to PaizoCon next year and Mike Selinker are planning some play sessions while also feeding my PACG habit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I see you also backed Apocrypha Adventure Card Game. That's the one I'm most excited for. I'm going to PaizoCon next year and Mike Selinker are planning some play sessions while also feeding my PACG habit.

I'm a big fan of PACG and played through all of RotR solo, but Skull and Shackles didn't really 'take' with our group, which is a shame because the deck manipulation between adventures is one of my favouritest things evah. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Apocrypha. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.