Subject: Suggestion for making shards relevant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i've played several matches now with the shard/treasure mechanism and feel that while it's a great on paper in actuality it doesn't really play out well as you have to be lucky enough to draw BOTH some shards and a card that uses then all in a single hand?? Unless your deck is overflowing with shards (which seems just stupid) then this is a VERY random scenario.
Suggestion:
I'd like to get others' thoughts on my idea to make shards more relevant and a strategic part of the game:
Shards would still be "won" the same way and placed in your discard pile.
However, upon drawing a shard(s) you can place it in a "bank" in front of you which can then be used (1 time ONLY) whenever a user desires.
This way you break up some of the randomness in the game while adding a layer of strategy.
Thoughts/opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Sanchez
United States
Casselberry
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might need a bit of clarification, but you don't have to draw both in the five cards you draw at the end of your turn. Also, shards let you draw one more card which could be more shards or cards that use them. I haven't found them to be very lucky because of this. Instead, they might seem too powerful. I once had a deck full of shards and I was able to draw my entire deck. Banking the shards might make them even more overpowered as you could save them up for more card draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play an energy card you're supposed to draw a new card off your deck to replace it. This is unfortunately not spelled out in the rules, I believe, but it can be seen in the card icon on the energy card itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually i did realize this rule about pulling another card; however, i still found it difficult to get enough shards to be worthwhile. Also, once you spend the shards (in current rules) you then place it back in discard pile to be used again; in my system, you discard them back into the "central" discard pile and would have to "win" them again. So i thought this mechanism would balance my proposal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Sanchez
United States
Casselberry
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So shards go to the Void after being used? That would mean that the cards you bought that need shards for their full effect probably won't be used more than once or not at all if you used up your shards just for one card. Also, I've only seen very few games where the Void needs to be reshuffled. So those shards would probably never make it back into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It could maybe work if spent shards get shuffled back into the main deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
It could maybe work if spent shards get shuffled back into the main deck.
Yup that is exactly what I meant! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls