• [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the KS they are awaiting printer's proofs so based on that I would say they are still a few months out. I say early spring but that's just my guess. Hang in there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Huh!
I heard before that it would be available around december/january. Even then, it seemed like an eternity.
Early spring is just very very very bad news.
I've never been so eager about a game than about this one.
Anyway, I'll take that bone, as bitter as it tastes.
Thank you very much for you answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Still no date for the retail version?
It's depressing.
Give us a bone to chew. Something.
You can get some info from following the Kickstarter updates here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/dawn-of-the-z...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we will get some official news & estimate soon. I too am anxious to get my hands on Zeds. And the new Nemo's War too for that matter, which is even further out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Friday aka DotZ-Update-day - who knows what today's update might bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
According to the KS they are awaiting printer's proofs so based on that I would say they are still a few months out. I say early spring but that's just my guess. Hang in there!
That's EXACTLY right, and it is by-God annoying me that this entire process is slower than time in a dentist's chair (and almost as painful). "Irate publisher" is not my favorite role, but our poor printer will be brushing up against that real soon, I should think, if we don't see those proofs soon.

Heck, we wanted to take them to BGG con and show them off! WHERE ARE THEY!?

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So early spring is probably an accurate guess then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So today's KS update is about the digital version. Any idea when that might be coming out? Similar time to the physical version, or probably later on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So today's KS update is about the digital version. Any idea when that might be coming out? Similar time to the physical version, or probably later on?
The ZEDS 3 computer game has no release date at this juncture. It needs to be further along. I think we're safe saying it will be out after the boardgame version has been released.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A US printer would probably be more reliable on the date, but it would also be more expensive. Everything is tradeoffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost wish they stuck to their printing on demand, I wonder if they sometimes wish that too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Still no date for the retail version?
It's depressing.
Give us a bone to chew. Something.
Woof!! Prototype has arrived at VPG office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an unboxing video of the prototype out. Now I really cannot wait for this game and am sad that I missed the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
Microbadge: Defeats Children Without MercyMicrobadge: I throw out useless expansion boxesMicrobadge: I'm the GM - I'm the decider!Microbadge: I drink while I play gamesMicrobadge: I Store Game Boxes On Their Side
zeta044 wrote:
There is an unboxing video of the prototype out. Now I really cannot wait for this game and am sad that I missed the kickstarter.
There's no need to be sad...you can buy the same game as normal. There aren't any kickstarter exclusives that affect game play (only dice with a zombie on them, everything else added during the campaign is found in the retail version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it will be a while yet, look at the comments on the unboxing video:

"Quote:
Looking good, can't wait for this to be available to buy soon...

Well, "soon" is relative.

What you saw on the video was only the "press proof" copy of the game -- the one they have you inspect before the presses roll and they actually start manufacturing them. So, there is still all the printing, assembly, shrink wrapping, boxing, shipping, customs forms, etc. to take care of... This is our first game being made in China, and we're new to the process. So far, we've learned that it takes a lot longer than we had hoped!

So, no, we don't know when it will hit your game table our your FLGS's shelves. Honestly, we have NO exact timeframe to report and no experience to base a guess on for the final release date. We're just as anxious as you for that, believe me!!

With that said, the press proof copy looks really, really great! Way better than I had hoped. It came out just amazing; we're thrilled with it here at The Little Game Company That Could. It is so tempting to punch it out and start playing!!

While all this delay is taking place (and, for all I know, "running its natural course" for a game printed in China), my thoughts have turned back to ZEDS, thus inspiring my design and development brain to consider what is next in the ZEDS universe... and we're starting some additional ZEDS projects while we wait for this game to arrive. Muhuhahah!

Alan Emrich"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Dan Yarrington from SHIP NAKED, who is servicing the shipment of DAWN OF THE ZEDS, dropped by The Little Game Company here in Costa Mesa, California yesterday. He has a LOT of experience with this sort of thing, and he guessed that it should be hitting game tables around the end of the first quarter or beginning of the second.

Okay, I'll take his word for it. If you need a time to speculate upon, I would go with his guess.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's longer than I'd hoped to hear, but better to know up front than be frustrated for several months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That's longer than I'd hoped to hear,
You're telling me!!! Man, I'm so anxious for this game to ship that I'm making everyone crazy around the office! I sound like Bart Simpson asking "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?"

I appreciate the patience of everyone who is taking this "ride" with us on the adventures of printing a game in China. This emotional roller-coaster has had some ups and downs, but seeing the amazing quality of the printer proof copy and lifted my spirits and made me even MORE anxious for this game to be released!!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the unboxing video...
zombie Can't wait...
 Thumb up
 tip