Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I've read this somewhere, but after searching I can't find it. Shifting mist reads "Change two dice in your pool to a side of your choice." In one of my games I wanted to change a die to a power side since the round was about to end, however I only had one die. This brought up three questions:

A. Am I allowed to use shifting mist if I only have one target?

B. If I did have two dice in my pool, let's say a natural power symbol and an illusion class symbol are the only dice in my dice pool. If I really wanted an illusion power symbol, would I have to change my natural power symbol to a different side or could the natural power symbol be the side of my choice, even though it is already on that side?

C. If I have two dice in my pool, let's say a natural class symbol and a illusion basic symbol and I really wanted a natural class symbol and an illusion power symbol. Assuming I have to change two dice to a side of my choice and they have to change sides, could I choose to change my natural class symbol to a different class symbol side since there are more than one and change the other die to an illusion power symbol?

Of course this also applies to other cards like call upon the realms. Do I have to be able to meet the exact condition of the spell, or can I go up to that condition as a maximum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Benton City
WA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Level 10 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
wkufan89 wrote:
I'm sure I've read this somewhere, but after searching I can't find it. Shifting mist reads "Change two dice in your pool to a side of your choice." In one of my games I wanted to change a die to a power side since the round was about to end, however I only had one die. This brought up three questions:

A. Am I allowed to use shifting mist if I only have one target?

B. If I did have two dice in my pool, let's say a natural power symbol and an illusion class symbol are the only dice in my dice pool. If I really wanted an illusion power symbol, would I have to change my natural power symbol to a different side or could the natural power symbol be the side of my choice, even though it is already on that side?

C. If I have two dice in my pool, let's say a natural class symbol and a illusion basic symbol and I really wanted a natural class symbol and an illusion power symbol. Assuming I have to change two dice to a side of my choice and they have to change sides, could I choose to change my natural class symbol to a different class symbol side since there are more than one and change the other die to an illusion power symbol?

Of course this also applies to other cards like call upon the realms. Do I have to be able to meet the exact condition of the spell, or can I go up to that condition as a maximum?
it is my understanding you can flip up to 2 dice in tyour active pool to any sides of your choice, without restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A) When resolving card effects, you resolve as much as is possible, then ignore the rest. So you would be able to use shifting mist even if you have just one target.

B) You could change the natural symbol to put it back on the same side.

C) For shifting mist, you set both dice individually to any side you want (not that they both are set to the same side). So you could set one to power and one to class (although there is not currently any reason to do that, since a power symbol can be spent instead of a class symbol).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
A) When resolving card effects, you resolve as much as is possible, then ignore the rest.
Is this in the rule book? Did I miss it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkufan89 wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
A) When resolving card effects, you resolve as much as is possible, then ignore the rest.
I didn't see it in there. I believe the rule book could stand to be a few pages longer to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERT KLOTZ
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
wkufan89 wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
It will be in the upcomming FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls