4 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Take the Black rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keeper
Poland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: I've been playing WoW since launchMicrobadge: I speak Polish
If I used Take the Black on, say, Tumblestone Knight equipped with Ice.
Could I sacrifice Ice in a millitary challenge that I win?
As far as I know the Ice is still under my opponent's control, but it's sounds kinda silly if I would get +2 but couldn't sacrifice it.

Or else, if it's still under opponent's control - could he sacrifice if I'd lose a challenge in which the one with Ice is participating under my control?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
Keeperpl wrote:
If I used Take the Black on, say, Tumblestone Knight equipped with Ice.
Could I sacrifice Ice in a millitary challenge that I win?
As far as I know the Ice is still under my opponent's control, but it's sounds kinda silly if I would get +2 but couldn't sacrifice it.

Or else, if it's still under opponent's control - could he sacrifice if I'd lose a challenge in which the one with Ice is participating under my control?
1) As you said, when you take control of a card, you only take control of *that* card - not any peripheral entities, like attachments, duplicates, etc.

2) You can only initiate abilities on cards you control. Since you do not control Ice, you cannot initiate its ability. However, the constant STR modifier still applies (just like Milk of the Poppy still applies!)

3)Yup. The card text is always read from the point of view of the controller, so you understand it correctly. If your opponent wins a Mil challenge in which (now) your Tumblestone Knight with his Ice is participating, he could sacrifice Ice to kill a character you control. Like the Tumblestone Knight. Wasn't fit to weild Ice!

This sounds really odd, but but if you're stuck with a bunch of high STR No-attachment characters, who knows, it might be a good idea to play Ice on your opponent's only character with a mil icon as a way to get an unopposed challenge. Definitely a weird/fringe play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keeper
Poland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: I've been playing WoW since launchMicrobadge: I speak Polish
Well, thanks for the answer.
Guess, not everyone is worthy of Valyrian steel then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aphynes wrote:
This sounds really odd, but but if you're stuck with a bunch of high STR No-attachment characters, who knows, it might be a good idea to play Ice on your opponent's only character with a mil icon as a way to get an unopposed challenge. Definitely a weird/fringe play.
It's even more specific than that, as Ice reads "Stark character only".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls