Hengist» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boat movement. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, we've tried 2 games of this now, only to put it away after 10 mins both times as it just doesn't make sense (to us),I must be missing something,
1, when the boat moves due to explorer card, does it move to the next board or the next dip on the same board?
2, which one of these is correct: there's 6 spaces for raiding groups on each beach or 3? I think the answer to (1) will clear this up.
We've tried it both ways of (1 & 2).
I really hope I'm missing something from the rules.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frazer Eden
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It moves to the next dip.

Unfortunately I don't think you are missing anything. This game is not up to Uwe's usual standard, it is very poor and does not feel like a finished game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Boyce
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, we've tried 2 games of this now, only to put it away after 10 mins both times as it just doesn't make sense (to us),I must be missing something,
1, when the boat moves due to explorer card, does it move to the next board or the next dip on the same board?
2, which one of these is correct: there's 6 spaces for raiding groups on each beach or 3? I think the answer to (1) will clear this up.
We've tried it both ways of (1 & 2).
I really hope I'm missing something from the rules.
Thanks.
The boat moves to the next dip (i.e the next bay) and this means there are three spaces per beach.

You get one action per 'raider' - worker in essence that is on the board or boat. The English rules aren't very clear. Also it turns out if the first two tiles are free of treasure the first tile gets removed and placed at the end. That is missing from the first print of both German & English rules.

I'm glad my first game would be with all the rules clarified. Lookout - NOT mayfair - dropped the ball on the rules allegedly, especially the English ones*. However it seems to have become group-think the disparage the game. Sure it isn't Field Of Arle but that doesn't mean Uwe hasn't created a quick light race game (it is essentially a race to get to the end and the most VPs)

EDITED: Removed incorrect references.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls