Subject: Sentinels of the Multiverse Storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Pond
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Sentinels of the Multiverse

So got a touch tired of how, well frankly ugly my normal sentinels box was. I mean, just look at it.

So, sat down with some paper, a tuck box generator and a lot of time while watching videos. I used HP Premium Plus photo paper, 80lbs stuff. Might be able to get away with something not as heavy, but I like how the boxes feel and look. Could have made them look a lot better by tweaking the printed, but they came out looking more than good enough I think. Although most of that is due to the art from the guys over at Greater Than Games.

First set didn't come out bad at all, just took some toying to get the just just so.

Good look of how they come right off the printer. Used the character cards for the heroes, then the backs of the location and villain cards for their decks.

Lots of time, glue, ink, and paper later. All done and they're looking good. Just gotta figure out some good storage for tokens and the oversized cards. Might need to upgrade the box as a whole.

Dropbox link for all the PDF files for the boxes. Just make sure when you print them up, to uncheck "Fit to page"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great. I like that you added the difficulty rating to the boxes. It looks like your cards are sleeved? Which brand/type? I have mine in KMC Perfect Fit, and might think about stealing your files if those will fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic DiGital
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. I used the existing tuck box templates from Spiff's site, but also added the difficulty number to all of them.

I ended up using the Hobby Lobby case with some Broken Token inserts, and it allows me to fit everything in there, including all the books plus lots of extra stuff in the lid. Still haven't fully decorated the case itself. Probably going to go with some sort of wild collage of Sentinels art I can gather.

Most of all, I see your tuckboxes, and remember the HOURS and hours of printing, cutting, and gluing/taping the boxes together. But it looks so much nicer and satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pond
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
claudermilk wrote:
Those look great. I like that you added the difficulty rating to the boxes. It looks like your cards are sleeved? Which brand/type? I have mine in KMC Perfect Fit, and might think about stealing your files if those will fit.

I cheaped out a bit on the sleeves and use the Ultra Pro sleeves that I can get off Amazon for under $10 per 1000 sleeves. They're a little taller than the Sentinels cards and a touch wider, but I like how they slide across each other when I'm shuffling.

VicDigital wrote:
Nice work. I used the existing tuck box templates from Spiff's site, but also added the difficulty number to all of them.

I ended up using the Hobby Lobby case with some Broken Token inserts, and it allows me to fit everything in there, including all the books plus lots of extra stuff in the lid. Still haven't fully decorated the case itself. Probably going to go with some sort of wild collage of Sentinels art I can gather.

Most of all, I see your tuckboxes, and remember the HOURS and hours of printing, cutting, and gluing/taping the boxes together. But it looks so much nicer and satisfying.

didn't know there were exsisting ones, would have looked them up probably. As is, I really like how some of these came out. And yeah, it ate up a LOT of time doing them all.

Hobby Lobby case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MechGryph wrote:
Hobby Lobby case?

The infamous Hobby Lobby Artist Case: http://goo.gl/4lP7LI

We all just discard the inner tray, usually pull the tray out of the lid (two small screws), then use the appropriate Broken Token insert. Lots of card games can go in this. I have my fledgling Dominion set in one, and SotM will get its own soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pond
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
claudermilk wrote:
MechGryph wrote:
Hobby Lobby case?

The infamous Hobby Lobby Artist Case: http://goo.gl/4lP7LI

We all just discard the inner tray, usually pull the tray out of the lid (two small screws), then use the appropriate Broken Token insert. Lots of card games can go in this. I have my fledgling Dominion set in one, and SotM will get its own soon.

Now I'm thinking about how to transfer game art to the box cover and what stain to use. This box will be glorious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude....
Respect for the trackball in the picture. Replaced my standard mouse with a trackball a decade ago and never looked back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyn Green
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks so much! I was looking into this exact thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b Jeebus
msg tools
Just because I don't like ambiguity, how did you glue these together? I'm about two steps away from stealing a relative's printer for a day and using your awesome looking boxes.

EDIT: Citizen Thread Returns With The Dawn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b Jeebus
msg tools
I couldn't help but notice whenever I open the Haka pdf it's actually Ra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.