Hide
12 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Integrating Ultimate Survivors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Munoz
msg tools
Microbadge: I design games for the love of itMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Brain burner fanMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
How are you guys integrating the Ultimate Survivors into the game? Looking at their rules, I thought they were an end result of the Experience Mode, but that does not seem to be the case. Are they just new characters you can start the game with? Are they a way to help newer players that can't win with standard characters (because they do appear to make things easier, since they start with 2 abilities). How are Ultimate Survivors different than standard characters with one or two experience cards?

Honestly, I am trying to convince myself that it is worth spending the imminent $400 to get all my current survivors as Ultimate versions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Shadows of Brimstone fan
they just make things slightly easier.
their sculpts are nice as well.
you can integrate them by starting with the normal character version and at a certain experience level swap them out with the ultimate version if you worry about balancing the difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: The right side of my brain has nothing leftMicrobadge: The left side of my brain has nothing rightMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: Seven
the french fan-site is working on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakaku, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Go playerMicrobadge: English TeacherMicrobadge: Akira Kurosawa fanMicrobadge: Western flick fanMicrobadge: Blues fan
TabletopAdept wrote:
Honestly, I am trying to convince myself that it is worth spending the imminent $400 to get all my current survivors as Ultimate versions...
That seems a bit much. The new #2 might be worth it if you missed out on S1 KS, but I've already got proxy minis for them, so I'm going to pass (even though I really like the sculpts). If I wanted to play as Ultimates, I'd just proxy the Ultimate character boards, but I don't see a need for that either. I already have so many ways to make things easier or harder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
Microbadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Amiga fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: GameNight! fan

What the Ultimates do is sort of retrofits the original 6 Survivors from the Season 1 box to be more in line with the latest S3 releases(Rue Morgue and a couple other survivors have a second additional Blue Skill). While none were actually under-powered... "Ric-" err I'm sorry, "Phil" rarely ever gets picked for my group with so many other useful abilities on the other survivors. Character with Slippery or weapon specialization in particular. Wanda is and has always been my favorite.

Anyway, this make them a bit more versatile and useful and the Experience cards are sort of interesting especially for those whom like to play the campaigns. Which you can sort of grow into a really specialized character.
Playing the Campaigns are a great way to really get into the fluff of the world and feel more attached to a particular group of survivors instead of "one off's" with Survivors x from set b. And experienced players tend to play orange and mostly RED danger levels(in my opinion) where the game gets absolutely nuts!

I am really picking up the Ultimates #2 because I missed out on the original Season 1 KS and really want minis for those exclusives.

As mentioned by others, the sculpts are really nice.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I stopped following Zombicide after Season 2, and did miss out on Season 1 exclusives so I'm getting this box.

But ... what happened to having Zombie versions of each? All my other characters have that. (and I guess I do have zombie versions of the boring versions of each of these guys already...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Solitaire Games on Your Table - Together, we game alone...Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two Girls
apotheos wrote:
But ... what happened to having Zombie versions of each? All my other characters have that. (and I guess I do have zombie versions of the boring versions of each of these guys already...)
Ultimate Survivors #1 didn't come with zombivors either. Neither did Rue Morgue, and Black Plague isn't going to. I think they've decided there's not a lot of support for zombivors and they're no longer a standard thing.
Which I for one can get behind, seeing as I've never once used them, although I'm thinking of using the Lost Zombivors rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Zombicide fanMicrobadge: Super Dungeon Explore Fan - Royal PaladinMicrobadge: Elfquest fanMicrobadge: Cards Against Humanity fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Darkwynd wrote:
apotheos wrote:
Ultimate Survivors #1 didn't come with zombivors either. Neither did Rue Morgue, and Black Plague isn't going to. I think they've decided there's not a lot of support for zombivors and they're no longer a standard thing.
Which I for one can get behind, seeing as I've never once used them, although I'm thinking of using the Lost Zombivors rules.
CMON confirned that the same thing that happened with ultimate survivors 1 will happen in this case.
The dashboards are two-sided, with the ultimate versions and ultimate zombivor versions with ultimate stats of each character. The art on the dashboard is the same as the regular zombivors, so you'd use the same model for normal or ultimate zombivor if you played using the rules to resurrect as a zombivor (which anecdotally, I think way less than half the players actually use).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I was just curious. I myself always found the idea kind of dumb.

But since I'm purchasing this solely for completion sakes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
Microbadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Amiga fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: GameNight! fan
Darkwynd wrote:
apotheos wrote:
The Lost Zombivors are the Rue Morgue survivor Zombivore versions.

BTW The Lost Zombivore rules are a perfect use for these under utilized models.

We found that the Zombivore rules removed a lot of the tension of dying/losing that we enjoy about this game. So the Lost Zombivor rules work really well for us.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: The right side of my brain has nothing leftMicrobadge: The left side of my brain has nothing rightMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: Seven
XofMdS wrote:
the french fan-site is working on it.
As promised:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1468281/french-fan-site-tur...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Solitaire Games on Your Table - Together, we game alone...Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two Girls
Floydski wrote:
Darkwynd wrote:
apotheos wrote:
The Lost Zombivors are the Rue Morgue survivor Zombivore versions.
I know, I own Lost Zombivors, after all. My point is that they are sold separately as an expansion for people who want them, they aren't included by default any more like they were in Season 2. As for Black Plague, zombivors haven't even been mentioned yet, so hopefully they just aren't a thing going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls