Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a 3-hour long game of DTR tonight, mostly because my opponent and I were trying to learn the new factions. Had a couple of issues come up that I want to check on:

1. Can a dude with a pair of six-shooters use the cheatin' resolution if he is not in the posse? (False)
2. My dude is in a shootout with an opponent who has two dudes in his posse. They destroy me in the poker hand, but are cheatin' so I play FLight of the Lepus to send both of them home booted. Because he no longer has a posse, the fight is over and I stay where I am and don't take any damage? (True)
3. Can a dude have a negative value? (False)
4. If I am at home and start a job in town square with just the leader as my posse and my opponent does not form a posse, I win and don't have to move or boot. (True)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andri Erlingsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first three parenthetical guesses are correct but I'm pretty sure that when you succeed at a job, whether or not your opponent opposed it, your posse goes home booted.

Here is the rulebook text:

"If the leader’s posse wins the shootout and is still at the mark’s location at the end of the shootout, or no player forms a defending posse, the job succeeds. Otherwise, the job fails.
After the shootout’s over, regardless of the outcome, survivors in the
leader’s posse go home booted . Surviving dudes in the defending posse stay
where they are."

I guess this might be interpreted in a way that you would ignore the going home booted part if no shootout takes place, but I'm almost certain that's wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B.
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Doomtown: Reloaded fanMicrobadge: You've been Caked
Rodzilla68 wrote:
Played a 3-hour long game of DTR tonight, mostly because my opponent and I were trying to learn the new factions. Had a couple of issues come up that I want to check on:

1. Can a dude with a pair of six-shooters use the cheatin' resolution if he is not in the posse? (False)
2. My dude is in a shootout with an opponent who has two dudes in his posse. They destroy me in the poker hand, but are cheatin' so I play FLight of the Lepus to send both of them home booted. Because he no longer has a posse, the fight is over and I stay where I am and don't take any damage? (True)
3. Can a dude have a negative value? (False)
4. If I am at home and start a job in town square with just the leader as my posse and my opponent does not form a posse, I win and don't have to move or boot. (True)

Thanks!
1. Correct, that is false. Composite Rules page 23, "Resolution abilities must come from either an action card in your play hand (not your draw hand), a deed or outfit in play, or a card in your posse (i.e a dude or one of their attached cards)." A little further down: "If a player has a Cheatin’ hand, other players can use a Cheatin’ Resolution ability as a Resolution play. Each player can only have one Cheatin’ ability used against them during this step."
2. Correct, that is true. Composite Rules page 27-28, "If, due to the use of Resolution abilities, one player loses all the dudes in their posse (aced or discarded), the shootout immediately ends; skip to step 7."
3. Correct, that is false. A card's "floor" is 1 (Ace) and ceiling is 13 (King), even if modified above or below. Composite Rules, page 27.
4. I'm not sure. I initially thought a successful job always required the leader's posse to go home booted, regardless of whether or not a shootout happened. But Composite Rules page 29 reads "After the shootout’s over, regardless of the outcome, survivors in the leader’s posse go home booted."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the job, the posse that performed it goes home booted. That's why it's sometimes prudent not to oppose certain jobs; why fight over a first turn Desolation Row job when it'll boot whoever your opponent sends to do it and possibly take some heavy hitters out of action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player performing the job has to form his posse first, before the "defending" player chooses to oppose the job (by then forming his own posse) or not.

The leader has to be in the posse, and any dudes at or adjacent to either the leader or the mark can join.

All of the dudes in leader's posse go home booted whether the job was opposed or not after any shootout is resolved. (The "after the shootout" part of the rule is just about the timing, not that a shootout must have taken place for the leader and his posse to go home booted.)

Then the effects of the job, if successful, are applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone!

Thumb up