Subject: BattleLore Replacement Dice: Hoooooooooooooooooo! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Recieved the replacement dice, as I'm sure many of you already have. I'm orange with sweet pleasure at the prospect of retaining the faces of the dice.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh, but why oh why is my purple lore side no longer shiny and metallic? I see the devil's bargain DoW made with its first sets of dice: longevity sacrificed for blada-blada-BLING-BLING! metallic purple.

So, matte purple are the wages of longevity.

I guess only Prince gets flashy purple and decades of use at the same time. I wonder what he gave the devil.

Krors Jaearb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
No shiny purple??

Oh no! Let's start a thread that burns DoW for losing our shiny purple on our free set of fixed replacement dice!

Irony, you are a cruel master!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
No replacement dice here either and I ordered them first day. Maybe tomorrow I'll get them and try them out as our next ice storm rolls through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
People who received dice: did you get shipment confirmations by email or did the dice just show up 'unannounced'? I thought I'd seen some users say they received shipment confirmation emails, which makes me worry at the fact that I didn't get one (but the dice-order page won't let me place another order, as it's flagged my account as having already ordered replacements).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim W
United States
wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this (I wasn't), but there is a link on DOW's blog website to submit that you need the new dice. The DOW will give you a confirmation number.

link on blog website -> http://www.daysofwonder.com/?t=promo&sub=battlelore_dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Slatton
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered first day and no email confirmation. No dice yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I requested my replacement dice two days ago and got the confirmation that the order was shipped yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No more shiny... But the symbols are definitely purple!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
I see the devil's bargain DoW made with its first sets of dice: longevity sacrificed for blada-blada-BLING-BLING! metallic purple.

Valley Games replacement dice for C&C:A have etched faces and metallic purple.

So it wasn't a trade off, just a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered them shortly after the link was added and no email or dice yet. Maybe they lost the first set of orders. Fortunately I wrote down the order number so guess I better email them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Remember when you signed up the dice? IIRC, there was a statement indicating that the dice would be shipped only once per week. So if you weren't in the first batch, you might be in the second (or third) batch to be shipped.

I do believe there is a shipping e-mail, but as it goes USPS past that, there is no way to track the order afterwards. Patience is probably the key here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh oh! I didn't get a confirmation e-mail either and no dice yet. I was a first day responder too. Why oh why didn't I write down the number?! I guess I'll wait a week before I e-mail DOW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all those intending to email about the dice, I don't know that they'll be too receptive. After I placed my order, along with my confirmation number, I received this message:

"You will receive an e-mail when your replacement dice are shipped. Shipment occurs once a week. Dice are shipped via regular mail, so it will take several days to reach you - up to several weeks if you are located outside US, France or Germany. There is no use to contact us: as these shipments are not tracked, we would not be able to give you any useful information beyond "Yes it shipped, check your mail and wait". Thank you for your patience and your understanding."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw come on!!!!! Let them just splurge frantic spam into DoW's magnetic inbox! We'll keep them so busy that the upcoming nest-of-flying-cobras creature won't be in stores for half a year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed order on the 13th, got a shipping confirmation email on the 16th, and got the dice today (the 19th). Maybe I got it all so quick because I ordered an earth elemental and there was some $$$ involved?

For another take on the colors and the dice, see my post at:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1286641#1286641

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Axelfudge wrote:
I requested my replacement dice two days ago and got the confirmation that the order was shipped yesterday.

As I said above, I placed my order the day DoW made them available. So far no e-mail and no dice. Meanwhile a friend of mine who put his in just last week got his today.

It's definately looking like the people who ordered their replacement dice early aren't getting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us who haven't jumped on the Battle Lore band wagon, what was wrong with the dice it came with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The symbols on the dice begin to wear off after only a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since someone who does not own the game asked, I just thought I'd point out that not all the originally shipped dice were bad. Mine have seen repeated use and are just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The symbols on the dice begin to wear off after only a few games.

Thank you. I can see how that might be a problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Yozie
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Axelfudge wrote:

As I said above, I placed my order the day DoW made them available. So far no e-mail and no dice. Meanwhile a friend of mine who put his in just last week got his today.

It's definately looking like the people who ordered their replacement dice early aren't getting them.

Add me to the list - ordered then immediately after the offer was available, but no confirmation email and no dice (and no order number recorded). Re-visiting the order page, however, indicates that I've already ordered the dice. I guess it's a matter of waiting a while and possibly begging for them to resend if necessary...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same situation for me... I haven't even opened my second base set yet so I don't know how those dice are, but the ones from my original definetly need replacing. So kudos to DOW! I just hope they got my order...
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my dice, the paint started to bubble and flake right off after about 6 games. I covered them with three coats of varnish, and they have held up nicely. But, there's still chips, flakes, and faded paint.

I was also one to ask for dice on the first day (forgot my confirmation#), and haven't gotten a confirmation email, nor dice. I guess I'll sit and wait like those above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rourke
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My new dice have arrived and they smelt of Marzipan

Strange but true!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don'r know, some US folks (looking at the previous posts) seem to have gotten theirs, it is just those of us who ordered early who seem to not have gotten any. Even if they had problems I would think if any US orders were filled it would have been the earliest.

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.