Subject: Thoughts on 7-player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Young
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
Has anyone played this with 7 players? What do people think?

I originally thought I would not play this with 7 players because 4 cards would be removed from the game and I thought that could skew the card distribution and make the game unbalanced. However, I played a 5-player game tonight and I was not dealt a single Forest card. As such, I am not sure if removing 4 cards in a 7-player game would necessarily make any significant difference since card suits/environments could be significantly distributed unevenly at lower player counts as well.

What do people who have played with 7 players think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Boy Geek fan
I LOVED it with 7. Lots of lingering birds and others to match. For me I enjoy the game the more players the better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: My magic number reached zero in 2019.Microbadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: I play dead CCGs
I think it scales well with multiple players, but I don't like the idea of cards being removed. It could make it impossible to complete a habitat. I haven't played 7, but I'm pretty sure that I would make the leftovers the lingering birds on round 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls