Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bien H V
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the second gold bar comes into play, where does it go? On the tile the first bar was found or given to another player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the safe tile where the loot was found. Someone else has to then come and pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you just lay the Loot card on the tile itself? I did not see a token like there is for the cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it cost an action to pick it up? I see nothing in the rules to indicate such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
Centerville
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
free action to pick it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2
Also, do you just search the loot deck and pick out the 2nd bar to put on the safe?

thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
Centerville
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
yeah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Raley
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how do you handle Gold bars in a single-player game? As written the gold bars require two players to remove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winckle
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: I'm a Paperbacker!Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Puzzle Strike fanMicrobadge: Burgle Bros. fan
It is pointed out in the manual that some game mechanics don't work for solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
RaleyD wrote:
So, how do you handle Gold bars in a single-player game? As written the gold bars require two players to remove.
Single CHARACTER game. Requires two CHARACTERS to remove.

It's normal (and easy) to control more than one character in almost every co-op game known to man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules provide a way to play as a very single player, with one character.

I guess so because rules regarding "Fewers Players" tell to discards a certa in number of cards from The Patrol Deck for each floor as you use a certain number of characters.
You might still play solo, using more than one character, it is a cooperative game, but you apply rules for more players.

I think The best solution would be to remove Gold Bar cards from Loot deck when playing with one character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
READING
flag msg tools
Trying to be both!
badge
This is supposed to be me.
mbmbmbmbmb
So we use 3 wooden stars courteous of Jamey Stegmaier and 2 gold bars from the treasure chest. We then move those round the board with our playing pieces.

My related question, could you end up with 4 gold bars in one game? Or does the second card become defunct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dave_heath wrote:
My related question, could you end up with 4 gold bars in one game? Or does the second card become defunct ?
You place loot cards beside character cards indicating which character has a given piece of loot. So you would go through the deck, find the second gold bar card, and another character would come and pick it up and place it beside their character. Thus you can't draw the second card, and thus you can't end up with 4 bars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls