Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was playing for the third time this week and I noticed that, on some games, you have resources, larva and ants lets on your colony.

According to the rule book, it does not score anything, which is a shame for me. So, any of guys knows a way of scoring with those resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo fanMicrobadge: DC Comics Deck-Building Game fan
Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
Nope.
Well, at least someone answered. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious why you would want to score those in any way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I dont like at all the idea of only scoring on the main board. You get all those resources like larvae, stone, ants and so on for nothing on the game's end.

Besides that, I really dont like the idea of having on my ant workers to come out the colony. The worker has to die in order for a soldier to come out, fight and die...

So I'm trying to find ways of scoring on the game's end. If I dont find, I'll just sell/trade this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Killdrax wrote:
fardoche wrote:
I dont like at all the idea of only scoring on the main board. You get all those resources like larvae, stone, ants and so on for nothing on the game's end.

Besides that, I really dont like the idea of having on my ant workers to come out the colony. The worker has to die in order for a soldier to come out, fight and die...

So I'm trying to find ways of scoring on the game's end. If I dont find, I'll just sell/trade this.
I think workers being expended is a thematic mechanism. They do not actually die, but rather is "lost" doing their stuff on the board. I wouldn't mind some bonus for end game scoring though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You would not add some scoring on game's end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have (too many) resources left at game end, you just didn't play efficiently. Period. No need to get extra points for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played following the manual like 10 times now and there's always something left on my colony. So, sorry, but it's not about effiency, it's about that little that's always left there.

But thanks for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But how much? I didn't talk about reaching null on everything, but just that I don't think that you should have 4 resources and 5 larvae left at the end of the game which would indeed indicate inefficiency to me.

I really don't think that a single resource and/or two larvae should score any points (especially taking into account how muchmuch effort it usually takes to score points in this game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, since you put that way, I guess you do have a point, thanks again for replying. Although I'm still inclined to sell it here.

Aaand I guess that everyone is happy with the scoring method of this game :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls