Subject: Rules Clarifications: Jock's Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alvaro S
Chile
flag msg tools
Hi, some questions:

1. Does the Jock ability adds Exposure?

2. The Woods and Campfire have already been attacked by Klein and the Cabin has two characters, Can the Jock use his ability to move from the Lake to the Highway?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. The Jock's ability adds 1 exposure total. He is running like other characters, his special ability is that he can run 2 spaces instead of 1.

2. Yes. When running, the Jock can swap his position with a character at the Cabin, as his first step, and then continue to move to the Highway to complete his special ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro S
Chile
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where can I get the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
where can I get the rules?

Under weblinks on the main page for the game. Or click here...

https://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/209670/crimson-creek-ruleb...

PNP is here....

https://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/210398/crimson-creek-print...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hawkins
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
The jock's ability allows swapping by normal swapping rules. The normal swapping rules state "You MAY NOT swap back locations with a Player if their last turn was swapping locations with you." If the geek was on the highway, and swapped with the jock to the cemetery, could the jock use his ability to run to the cabin and then swap with the geek between the cabin and the cemetery since it is not "swapping back" even though the geek swapped with the jock on his last turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteHawkins wrote:
The jock's ability allows swapping by normal swapping rules. The normal swapping rules state "You MAY NOT swap back locations with a Player if their last turn was swapping locations with you." If the geek was on the highway, and swapped with the jock to the cemetery, could the jock use his ability to run to the cabin and then swap with the geek between the cabin and the cemetery since it is not "swapping back" even though the geek swapped with the jock on his last turn?

I think the intent is that if the Geek used one of their only two actions to get to the Cemetery, another player shouldn't be able to "wipe out" that action before the Geek has had a chance to have a full turn there. Similar to the rule that you can't take a Hiding Place from someone that hasn't had it for a full turn.

So I would guess that the Jock wouldn't be able to move the Geek from the Cemetery in your scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Krijgsman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
So to put it in simple terms ( sorry i work best with black and white simplicity"The jock moving two spaces is like 2 move actions in special action so one "free"Move and the next is a cube advance move?

Does this mean the Geek's peek does also trigger a cube advance or is that a free peek ?(like how i played it yesterday)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tibbletoad wrote:
So to put it in simple terms ( sorry i work best with black and white simplicity"The jock moving two spaces is like 2 move actions in special action so one "free"Move and the next is a cube advance move?

Does this mean the Geek's peek does also trigger a cube advance or is that a free peek ?(like how i played it yesterday)

Right, the Geek's peek is still a peek, so it does advance the cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.