Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Give us WINTER, FFG!!! Please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
Am I just being flippant?

I don't know but personally I am quite fed up with swamps, bogs, forests, woods, deserts and then some more swamps.

Please, FFG, make a Winter-themed Descent expansion.

Remember Tomb of Ice (Descent, 1st Edition)? Yes, I want something like that (but better!) for the 2nd Edition.

I am missing a Winter-themed Descent 2.0 expansion very badly.

Thank you.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And ice wyrms! We (I mean I) want shiny new ice wyrm sculpts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiss Balázs Kunó
Hungary
Fót
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
relax.
winter is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: City of the Big ShouldersMicrobadge: Snodcon attendeeMicrobadge: John's (eldonion) flag counting fanMicrobadge: Shadows of Malice fanMicrobadge: Fan of "what's in the box?" with biffta
I want yetis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
I want yetis
We've got Wendigos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: City of the Big ShouldersMicrobadge: Snodcon attendeeMicrobadge: John's (eldonion) flag counting fanMicrobadge: Shadows of Malice fanMicrobadge: Fan of "what's in the box?" with biffta
zaltyre wrote:
biffta wrote:
I want yetis
We've got Wendigos.
We have and they are a favourite but I would like Yeti large models that stand tall.
like the myth in real life zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There's that one tile used in The Frozen Spire. Also, the spire is frozen, so that's wintry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, where's our Skyrim expansion?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
There's that one tile used in The Frozen Spire. Also, the spire is frozen, so that's wintry.
I would agree that tile could use some company. It would be cool to have "ice" terrain- similar to the "frozen wastes" expansion for runebound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Yeah, where's our Skyrim expansion?
I´d prefer them staying in Terrinoth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Satellite of Love
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Doctor of PhilosophyMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Omnis singulus exemplum Declarationem Libertatis fuerit frugalis or Every single extra copy of the Declaration of Independence has been thriftedMicrobadge: Silver RPG CollectorMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
You could always use the tiles from the SW:IA Hoth expansion that is coming out ... someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
I am confused! So that means FFG will now release a Wintry themed expansion of blizzards in the mountains, snowy peaks, frostbitten dungeons, grim cold bottomless underworld lakes? Now that the people have spoken? That's it? Well, that was easy.

Seriously now, there are not enough Winter themed BG dungeons out there. I remember there was a Heroquest expansion (Barbarian Quest Pack), The Tomb of Ice (Descent 1st) and The Frozen Wastes expansion of Runebound. But that's about it.

A pity there are not more. The Winter theme works soooo good with the dungeon crawling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Satellite of Love
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Doctor of PhilosophyMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Omnis singulus exemplum Declarationem Libertatis fuerit frugalis or Every single extra copy of the Declaration of Independence has been thriftedMicrobadge: Silver RPG CollectorMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
They might still offer up another Big Box expansion (or a Small Box with A LOT of map tiles) with a winter setting. I think the biggest hurdle for that particular setting is that the expansion would almost certainly have to include all of the map tiles for the campaigns ... well, except for the dungeon settings from the core set. They did it for Nerekhall, so I would not write it off - I just wonder if most of those production resources are being dumped into the Star Wars glut right now (I am not entirely complaining about that!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that a winter setting would be fantastic, hopefully with snowy crags on one side and an icy cave on the reverse of each tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
PuntSpeedchunk wrote:
(I am not entirely complaining about that!).
But you should
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls