Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like to share some combos I've discovered from playing Epic.

GOOD
1. The People’s Champion + Secret Legion
Initially, I find the Human champion tokens as weak but if you can set up your board, they can deliver an overwhelming assault.
Have The People’s Champion on the board. During your turn, play Secret Legion, you will get a total of 8 Human Champion Tokens. If your opponent doesn’t have cards to wipe the board or deal with the human tokens, you can gradually send your human tokens to attack 1 by 1.

2. The People’s Champion + Secret Legion + Rally the People/Standard Bearer/Courageous Soul
With the above combo, if you can increase the offense value of your Human tokens when you have Standard Bearer, play Rally the People, or declare Courageous Soul to attack. Potentially, you human tokens can get +2 to +5 offense value (+1 from Rally the People, +2 from Standard Bearer, +2 from Courageous Soul)

Comment: Often I do not find it so great if you play Secret Legion without The People’s Champion, Standard Bearer, Rally the People, and Courageous Soul. Personally, I get Secret Legion early, I would probably play the card for its card draw effects.

3. Human Tokens + Wave of Transformation
If your opponent has some potentially threatening units on the board and you have a large number of human tokens, play Wave of Transformation. You will be able to get more Wolf tokens on your side (which is a better token as compare to Human if there are no support card on board) and denying your opponent in using some of his/her powerful or annoying champion.

4. Thundarus + White Dragon
With this combo, you can deal a total of 20 damage and your White Dragon will become sturdier with the presence of Thundarus.

5. Feint + Gold Dragon + any other good champions
During your turn, attack with Gold Dragon and any other good champions you have (collectively or separately). Gain health via Righteous. Play Feint and then attack again.

6. Faithful Pegasus + Lord of Arena
During your turn, play Faithful Pegasus and then Lord of Arena. Both have Blitz and can be used to attack. Faithful Pegasus will help the Lord of Arena to fly. If your opponent does not have Airborne blocker(s), then he/she will have to take 13 damage. Increase the damage if you also have Brave Squire to increase your Lord of Arena damage up to 18.

SAGE
1. Wave of Transformation + Time Walker
During your opponent’s turn, play Wave of Transformation and transform all champions into Wolf tokens and in deployed state which means they cannot attack. Next, during your turn, play Time Walker so your opponent have to remove all Wolf tokens and put them into the token pile.

2. Corpse Taker + Memory Spirit + Return a useful Event (e.g. Turn, Erase, The Risen and Demon Breach) to be played in the next turn

Share your cool combos here. Comments welcomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hodson
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Combos: Good and Sage cards
brighknight_216 wrote:

During your turn, attack with Gold Dragon and any other good champions you have (collectively or separately). Gain health via Righteous. Play Feint and then attack again.
This "combo" doesn't give you extra life as feint can only prepare attacking champions. Once you reach the damage dealing step there is no time where you can play feint before the attack is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 15
Microbadge: Dice Throne Season 2 fanMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Champions of Midgard fanMicrobadge: Epic fanMicrobadge: Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game Fan
brighknight_216 wrote:

I agree with everything except #5.
Righteous only activates when dealing damage.

Thankfully a Feint'ed champion would never reach the resolve damage step. I would've table flipped on any person who mega-healed after deciding to play Feint on a large group of double-attacking Good champions while their Gold Dragon was in play. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Puttanesca wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

This "combo" doesn't give you extra life as feint can only prepare attacking champions. Once you reach the damage dealing step there is no time where you can play feint before the attack is over.
What i mean to write is that you finish all the battles, then when you have your Champions expended and before you declare to end your turn, play Feint to prepare them, so your Champion can attack again to initiate subsequent battle and leverage on Righteous. Isn't that how Feint work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hodson
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
brighknight_216 wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

What i mean to write is that you finish all the battles, then when you have your Champions expended and before you declare to end your turn, play Feint to prepare them, so your Champion can attack again to initiate subsequent battle and leverage on Righteous. Isn't that how Feint work?
No.
Champions are only "attacking champions" while the battle they were selected for is in progress. After that they are just expended champions.
In your example no champions would be in a battle so you would just draw 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Puttanesca wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

No.
Champions are only "attacking champions" while the battle they were selected for is in progress. After that they are just expended champions.
In your example no champions would be in a battle so you would just draw 2 cards.
I see what you mean as I have been playing this card wrong. It only affect the champions declared as attackers and blockers within a single battle and effects only last within the battle time frame. Therefore, I can't just play this at end and hope to prepare my champions to attack again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls