Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very impressed by the analysis. To a certain extent the issue could be one of track design and when the first choke point hits.

The rules seem to recognise some sort of advantage with chariot 1 at least in making the whole game 4 races long, and deeming the player who came last in the preceding race be first for the next race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve N
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any rules for qualifying so that players can vie for pole-position? Something quick, easy (and not entirely random) would be ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My next game: TENNISmind, a simple yet realistic tennis match on your table
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorJ wrote:
The rules seem to recognise some sort of advantage with chariot 1 at least in making the whole game 4 races long, and deeming the player who came last in the preceding race be first for the next race.
It has always been clear that the sooner you start, the better. But I have never though of modifying the rules, as you said they already take this advantage into account by suggesting 4 races with inverse starting order. Or if you want to finish earlier, play just 2 races, one race is very fast.

The same thing happens with the 'precursor' game, Ausgebremst. But again, we always played the 8-race tournament with inverse order, and the issue disappears. Changing the rules in order to play only one, balanced race seems too complex, I think these simple games really shine playing several races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls