Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi,

Since I suspect Phil's game bridging the Proterozoic (Bios: Origins) to the Mesozoic may be a year or more away, I've developed a Bios: Megafauna variant that incorporates the Paleozoic.

Rules are https://www.dropbox.com/s/afhwkuvy45ronp5/BiosMegafaunaPaleo...

Player aid mat by itself is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyucszdowsp5dbb/Paleozoic%20Era%20...

Feel free to post questions below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Wow! This looks fascinating. I had a quick scan of the rules and it looks like you've given it a lot of thought. It'll take a while to read and absorb in more detail, but I'm very interested.

Bring on the trilobites, down with fish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
slashing wrote:
Wow! This looks fascinating. I had a quick scan of the rules and it looks like you've given it a lot of thought. It'll take a while to read and absorb in more detail, but I'm very interested.

Bring on the trilobites, down with fish.

I've just added ganglia, to try to give insects a more viable path so you may want to download the documents again if you have already.

I'm cheating actual physiology a little here to make the game more interesting while keeping the theme intact: you can have triploblastic creatures without them being bilatarian; and there'll be plenty of functional non-coleomate species running around at the end of the Paleozoic if only because forcing all players to develop all 11 adaptations to become a true tetrapod isn't especially interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Version 2 is uploaded on DropBox (use the links above). I'll update the BGG files once I've given this version some more play testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only just now stumbling upon these, so sorry for performing necromancy on the thread, but thank you!

Now to see if the solo rules will meld with it at all....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More necromancy. How did these rules work out for solo Adam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.