Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found another site with more info:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebellion-board-game/

Quote:
Player forces are led by 25 iconic heroes or villains whose individual talents drive everything you do. The leaders will conduct secret missions that will “evoke many of the most inspiring moments from the classic trilogy.”
For example, you might “offer Boba Fett a bounty to capture Han Solo, or you might task Wedge Antilles to lead the Rogue Squadron in an attack against an Imperial build yard” or you may “send Luke Skywalker to receive Jedi training on Dagobah or have Darth Vader spring a trap that freezes Han Solo in carbonite!”

Quote:
Both the Imperial and Rebel players begin the game with four leaders available to them:
• The Galactic Empire starts with Emperor Palpatine, General Tagge, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Darth Vader.
• The Rebel Alliance starts with Mon Mothma, Jan Dodonna, General Rieekan, and Princess Leia.
• You’ll also be able to recruit more leaders over the course of your game, including such notable characters as Luke Skywalker, Lando Calrissian, General Veers, and Soontir Fel.
• The game will feature massive fleet battles, desperate attempts at espionage (Imperial officers may capture Rebel spies and interrogate them for valuable information), Jedi training, political maneuverings (planets will join the Rebellion before they’re overrun by the Empire and subjugated), the possibility to lure important Rebel heroes to the dark side of the Force, and a hotshot Rebel pilot may land a one-in-a-million shot against the Death Star and destroy it.

and a blown up star system:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Nolet
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"political maneuverings (planets will join the Rebellion before they’re overrun by the Empire and subjugated)"

I hope that the "political maneuvering" can be used by both sides and not just the Rebellion. In the PC game, SW:R, both the Empire and the Rebellion could send ambassadors to systems with the hope to convince them to join their cause and that was a fantastic feature. If it's unilateral (Rebellion=political and military, Empire=military force only), then I think it will definitely lower the replay value of the game. The sentence seems to indicate that such an unilateral system will be implemented and I truly wish the designer don't go that road.

If it's thematic (ex: Empire could send ambassadors to give "join us or die" ultimatums), then it will be awesome. My only wish is that both sides will be able to use some sort of political system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, this information, and more, is available on the product page if you click "Read more".
(https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-reb...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha, nice one. I only read the "News" article on the FFG site. Always good to check twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how they incorporated the characters like they did in the PC game. The 4x elements of the game were actually pretty bad for the time, and other titles did that work much better. But the ability to recruit new characters and send them on specialized missions was awesome. Send them to blow up defenses before a planetary assault. Send someone to assassinate a major rebel player. Create a rescue team to free some prisoners on an Imperial ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plattenhelge wrote:
hahaha, nice one. I only read the "News" article on the FFG site. Always good to check twice.
Heh, me too. Took me a while to spot it. Also, there's a showcase page you can click on from the product page that has a couple more images on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
kmanweiss wrote:
I love how they incorporated the characters like they did in the PC game. The 4x elements of the game were actually pretty bad for the time, and other titles did that work much better. But the ability to recruit new characters and send them on specialized missions was awesome. Send them to blow up defenses before a planetary assault. Send someone to assassinate a major rebel player. Create a rescue team to free some prisoners on an Imperial ship.
That game, though flawed, was amazing. And this has become a number 1 MUST BUY for me now!

So... freakkin.... excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters so far:
Rebel Alliance:
Mon Mothma
Jan Dodonna
General Rieeken
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker
Jedi Luke Skywalker
Lando Calrissian
Han Solo
Wedge Antilles

Empire:
Emporer Palpatine
Darth Vader
Grand Moff Tarkin
General Tagge
General Veers
Soontir Fel
Admiral Ozzel
Boba Fett

Did I miss any?
I can't wait for the drip fed updates over the next couple months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a guess but I think each of the three icons reflects what kind of hero you're dealing with.

[Senate] is likely Diplomacy, which makes Vader and Tarkin interesting because it is Vader who is a better diplomat (though intimidation?) not the cultured aristocratic Tarkin.

[Eye] is Espionage, and of our leaders Dodonna and Leia are the best at this. Vader doesn't have any so even if he gets a hold of Leia, he'll find her resistance to mind probing considerable because he has no intel. The Emperor has some...

[Fist] is probably strength or somesuch. Vader excells at this, while Wedge and Veers have two each. Dodonna doesn't have this, so I'm thinking this is less tactical sense and more personal fighting ability?

Wonder what that [movement] icon is. It doesn't seem as common as the rest.

It's interesting to note of the numbers at the bottom that Mothma has none, and Vader/Emperor have the most but with their statistics switched. Wedge and Veers aren't too far behind though.

I can't wait to learn more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
From the example given with Tarkin in the News-article it could stand for the ability to call in military forces:

Quote:
Here, the Imperial player uses an action to activate the Corellia™ system with Grand Moff Tarkin in order to counter its growing Rebel presence. When he activates the system, Grand Moff Tarkin allows the Empire to move any of its forces from one adjacent system. In this case, Tarkin can call forces from Sullust™, but not from Bespin™, because the red zone between Bespin and Corellia indicate there is no serviceable hyperspace route directly between the two systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
[Senate] is likely Diplomacy, which makes Vader and Tarkin interesting because it is Vader who is a better diplomat (though intimidation?) not the cultured aristocratic Tarkin.

It could be seen more as "influence" than "diplomacy". Look at the example card:

My guess is you need 3 "influence" present in a system to play the card.

Oh, and by the way "populous systems" seem to be systems with loyalty markers and resources, while there also other planets without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel James
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't go so well for Bothawui shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:

It's interesting to note of the numbers at the bottom that Mothma has none, and Vader/Emperor have the most but with their statistics switched. Wedge and Veers aren't too far behind though.

A later combat example shows that the number in blue indicates the number of Space Tactic cards the Imperial player draws when Tarkin is involved. I'm guessing the gold would be the equivalent for Ground Tactics. I also note that each character seems to be assigned a blue or gold tag at the bottom center, surrounding either a Rebel or Imperial crest. The colors are the same as the Space Tactics and (presumed) Ground Tactics. Not sure what to make of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Characters so far:
Rebel Alliance:
Mon Mothma
Jan Dodonna
General Rieeken
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker
Jedi Luke Skywalker
Lando Calrissian
Han Solo
Wedge Antilles
There are two Luke Skywalkers, "the normal one" and "the special one" (Greetings to all Britons), "Luke Skywalker, Jedi".

So with a total of 25 characters both sides will only have a maximum of 12 in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Z
Germany
Holzminden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, concrete informations are hidden in the deep space of the site. Here is the direct link:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
Support Fridays for Future!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
And there you showed me YET ANOTHER page I hadn't seen before

FFG is playing this easter egg game really well....I wonder how much more information is hidden on their site wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
Just a guess but I think each of the three icons reflects what kind of hero you're dealing with.

[Eye] is Espionage, and of our leaders Dodonna and Leia are the best at this. Vader doesn't have any so even if he gets a hold of Leia, he'll find her resistance to mind probing considerable because he has no intel. The Emperor has some...

[Fist] is probably strength or somesuch. Vader excells at this, while Wedge and Veers have two each. Dodonna doesn't have this, so I'm thinking this is less tactical sense and more personal fighting ability?

Orange is used to denote ground battles and blue for space battles.

So we can see that Palpatine and Tarkin are used in space, and Tagge and Vader in ground battles. Similarly, Rieekan and Leia are ground based and Mothma and Dodanna are used in space.

But this does seem a bit contradicted by orange and blue stats in the bottom left and right corner of each leader, which suggests them having stats for both space and ground.

EDIT: Just seen this image and caption:

Quote:
Immediately after Grand Moff Tarkin commands forces from Sullust to Corellia, they engage the Rebel forces within that star system. Tarkin allows the Imperial player to draw two space tactics cards, as indicated by his blue space tactics value of "2." Then, the Imperial player builds the pool of attack dice for his ships. The Star Destroyer™ grants two red dice and one black, and the TIE fighters grant one black die each for a total of two red dice and three black dice. After the Imperial player resolves his attack, the Rebel player will roll his attack dice, all ships destroyed during the battle will be removed, and then the players will move to the ground battle.
So it seems that when a battle commences you drawn 'tactics' cards equal to the blue space value, for space battles, and then draw cards equal to the orange ground value, for ground battles.

This still doesn't fully explain the difference between a blue character and an orange character, like Palp and Vader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
Support Fridays for Future!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that leaders have so many different icons, because it means that there is quite some depth to the differences between the leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:
So we can see that Palpatine and Tarkin are used in space, and Tagge and Vader in ground battles. Similarly, Rieekan and Leia are ground based and Mothma and Dodanna are used in space.

But this does seem a bit contradicted by orange and blue stats in the bottom left and right corner of each leader, which suggests them having stats for both space and ground.
I agree. So far those numbers and how they affect battles and tactics are puzzling. But I looked at another image when I noticed something:

Wedge Antilles' tactics cards has a blue border at the top and General Veers' cards has an orange border at the top. That matches the color at the base of the leader drawing the cards. Maybe there's two tactic decks, and the color at the base indicates which one you draw from.

I don't understand why they have two cards each, though, as none of them has a 2 in the corners. Maybe the image is just showing some cards as an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep - seems correct - there is a space tactics deck and a ground tactics deck.

Also noticed that Wedge and Veers both have a 'medal' on their picture, whilst the other leaders do not. Wonder what that means. Maybe the leaders can level up? But I thought that was something to do with those rings that go around their base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

I agree. So far those numbers and how they affect battles and tactics are puzzling. But I looked at another image when I noticed something:

Wedge Antilles' tactics cards has a blue border at the top and General Veers' cards has an orange border at the top. That matches the color at the base of the leader drawing the cards. Maybe there's two tactic decks, and the color at the base indicates which one you draw from.

I don't understand why they have two cards each, though, as none of them has a 2 in the corners. Maybe the image is just showing some cards as an example.
I guess that they both draw two cards because they both got two Combat symbols (the red fist).

Wegde is a pilot (blue, space deck).
Veers is a ground leader (orange, ground deck).

The tactic number (left, right) is the number of dice added in the corresponding battle (blue for space battle, orange for land battle).

My thoughts at this moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Commander Darken
Germany
flag msg tools
Arontje wrote:
I guess that they both draw two cards because they both got two Combat symbols (the red fist).

Wegde is a pilot (blue, space deck).
Veers is a ground leader (orange, ground deck).

The tactic number (left, right) is the number of dice added in the corresponding battle (blue for space battle, orange for land battle).

My thoughts at this moment.

Those thoughts are fine

And the color in the middle decides in which type of battle (space/ground) you roll red or black dice.

So in space battles Wedge adds 3 red dice and General Veers only adds 1 black die. If Veers wins the space battle he adds 3 red dice in the following ground battle and Wedge only adds 1 black die (if he survives the space battle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, FFG has already stated that you draw tactic cards based on the number in the corner, as you can see in bold in jonboyjon's quote from the press release.

I'm convinced that the icons on the leader is connected to attempting missions, as you find the same icon in upper left corner of the mission cards. I think the number of icons on the leader is the number of dice you get to roll on a mission that has that icon, and the number on the mission cards is the number of sucesses you need to roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
Actually, FFG has already stated that you draw tactic cards based on the number in the corner, as you can see in bold in jonboyjon's quote from the press release.

I'm convinced that the icons on the leader is connected to attempting missions, as you find the same icon in upper left corner of the mission cards. I think the number of icons on the leader is the number of dice you get to roll on a mission that has that icon, and the number on the mission cards is the number of sucesses you need to roll.
That would probably be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Poirier
Canada
flag msg tools
Tjohei wrote:

The white icon is probably a retreat icon - not all leaders can orchestrate retreats, as per the text of the descriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |