Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about the rules, and looking at the board during downtime a few things occur to me...

1 - The polo mint around the ropes in the bottom left map corner is loose and doing nothing. Rigging fail!

2 - There should be a small *blank* blue hex between the large one and the -1 / -2 ones in each age, to reinforce skipping one age. (Those hexes should also straddle both ship boxes in the age.)

3 - The "emergency" black cube should toootally be on the player mat - i.e. "[ ] [ ] / [#]" (if that makes sense!) you should theoretically have the choice of two coloured cubes OR a black cube in the galley era. Makes that rule implicit through the graphic design and a non issue, as it's only relevant in that era anyway... right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Thinking about the rules, and looking at the board during downtime a few things occur to me...

1 - The polo mint around the ropes in the bottom left map corner is loose and doing nothing. Rigging fail!

2 - There should be a small *blank* blue hex between the large one and the -1 / -2 ones in each age, to reinforce skipping one age. (Those hexes should also straddle both ship boxes in the age.)

3 - The "emergency" black cube should toootally be on the player mat - i.e. "[ ] [ ] / [#]" (if that makes sense!) you should theoretically have the choice of two coloured cubes OR a black cube in the galley era. Makes that rule implicit through the graphic design and a non issue, as it's only relevant in that era anyway... right?
You, Sir, truly are a rocket surgeon of epic proportion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls