Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I know it is a strange request but can someone explain to me the exact procedure when:
a) shooting at mounted infantry in transport/non-transport vehicle (I do not understand what is the benefit of having a protection of vehicles armor)
b) destroying building (how and when it happens).
I will be really grateful, because so far these are the two things which I do not understand in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
bigbossjose wrote:
Hello,
I know it is a strange request but can someone explain to me the exact procedure when:
a) shooting at mounted infantry in transport/non-transport vehicle (I do not understand what is the benefit of having a protection of vehicles armor)
Attacking a unit carrying infantry. If a fire attack would hit a vehicle that is carrying in-
fantry on the outside, resolve the attack against the vehicle first. If the vehicle survives,
resolve the attack against the infantry as normal. If the vehicle does not survive, the
riding unit is reduced and placed in the hex with the wreck and attacked normally.
(With opportunity fire reductions as appropriate and note the upshift for cover from
the newly-made wreck marker).
If a fire attack is made against a vehicle with infantry transport ability, resolve the at-
tack normally. If the vehicle survives the attack, no attack is made against any infantry
being transported and it does not have to be revealed that the unit is transporting in-
fantry. If the vehicle is destroyed, place the infantry into the hex, in a reduced state,
and they will be attacked normally (with opportunity fire reductions as appropriate
and note the upshift for cover from the newly made wreck marker).

Quote:

b) destroying building (how and when it happens).
I will be really grateful, because so far these are the two things which I do not understand in the game.
Combat is resolved
the same way except terrain in the hex with the destructible object does not provide
any combat downshifts, nor does it block line of sight. If the combat chip results in ei-
ther a “Reduced” or “Eliminated” result, the terrain is destroyed. Place a rubble marker
on that hex. Any infantry in a hex with an object that is destroyed is immediately re-
duced.

Are you playing with the 1.1 rules? They can be found HERE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much.
It seems that I am not playing with 1.1 version of the rules. I have to catch up with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls