Kings of Israel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doubts about Resources and Blessing Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Reina
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Hello! Yesterday I played Kings of Israel for the first time. My friends and I enjoyed a lot! But we have 2 questions:

1 - Can we know each other hand (resources) anytime during the regular/expert game version? Or can we known just when at the same place as another prophet?

2 - When the Starting Player buys a Blessing Card, is it hidden from other players until it is played?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
marcoreina wrote:
Hello! Yesterday I played Kings of Israel for the first time. My friends and I enjoyed a lot! But we have 2 questions:

1 - Can we know each other hand (resources) anytime during the regular/expert game version? Or can we known just when at the same place as another prophet?

2 - When the Starting Player buys a Blessing Card, is it hidden from other players until it is played?

Thanks
1. In the regular/expert game there can be some table talk about what you need (Can I meet up with someone who has a Gold resource?) but the overall hand should be hidden.

2. When someone receives a Blessing Card it is hidden unless on Easy mode.

Glad to hear you are enjoying Kings of Israel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Simmons
msg tools
This brings up several questions in regards to table talk and discussing the resources in your hand:

1 - Can the players discuss their contributions to Holy Place Decay when it is approaching? For example, "I can contribute two cards, how many can you contribute?"

2 - Can you discuss who needs particular resources prior to deciding whether to play (or activate) Grass in the Fields, Imported Cedar or Rain from Heaven?

3 - Can you ask someone if they're planning to make a sacrifice prior to playing Forgiveness of Sins?

4 - Can you inquire from the other players whether or not it is a good time to play Feasting and Joy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
asaph2014 wrote:
This brings up several questions in regards to table talk and discussing the resources in your hand:

1 - Can the players discuss their contributions to Holy Place Decay when it is approaching? For example, "I can contribute two cards, how many can you contribute?"

2 - Can you discuss who needs particular resources prior to deciding whether to play (or activate) Grass in the Fields, Imported Cedar or Rain from Heaven?

3 - Can you ask someone if they're planning to make a sacrifice prior to playing Forgiveness of Sins?

4 - Can you inquire from the other players whether or not it is a good time to play Feasting and Joy?
My suggestions for these questions are below. You can be more free or restrictive depending on the level of the players.

1. Saying how much you can contribute is fine.
2. I would say it is fine to ask the group if it is a good time to play those cards, but not get exact resource numbers from everyone.
3. Sure.
4. Sure.

In general, I would not play Kings of Israel as if everyone had an open hand, but discussing strategy is always a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls