Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few minor things that are slightly confusing me, they are;

1) Mundane Locks: Where is the value of mundane locks for LockPicking given? I cant see them on the maps for each adventure. Also, are there tokens with the values (as pictured in the rules on pg28), I don't have any?

2) Original Dwarf Kings Quest Campaign: Using your own heroes will result each player will be at level 1 by the second adventure (a total of 4), so why on the chart on page 12 it gives the Total Level for Adventure 2 as 3?
If every game is played with 4 heroes and every hero gains 1 glory after every adventure, then they all be advancing at the same rate, total level in multiples of 4?

3) Raise Dead: Can the Overlord Raise Dead a pile of bones using Command points or only with the Command cards? If able to with command points then isn't the Raise Dead command cards just a worse version of the Extra Command (X) cards as they can be used for both a normal action and raise dead? Seems an opportunity missed for something unique, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1.) I would guess they are not given since most of the adventures were written for the prescribed group of heros which only has someone who can pick locks in the tyrant expansion.

2.) Some People can get extra glory through locations so the rates of advancement might not be the same.

3.) Yes, you can raise them with command points. Not all cards are equally good. That adds variance to the game and makes the cards have a point as opposed to just increasing the overlords activations by 1 or 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
1.) I would guess they are not given since most of the adventures were written for the prescribed group of heros which only has someone who can pick locks in the tyrant expansion.
If using own heroes for these adventures what would you use the lock value to be? I guess we could use lock value 1 unless otherwise noted in an adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
Microbadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: Council of Blackthorn fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - Peter Davison, 5th DoctorMicrobadge: Allegiance: A Realm Divided fanMicrobadge: "We must be as stealthy as rats in the wainscoting of their society."
I can answer question 1.
The tokens for mundane locks, magic locks, and bashing are all included with the Black Fortress tiles. Hopefully there will be some with other punch boards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
I can answer question 1.
The tokens for mundane locks, magic locks, and bashing are all included with the Black Fortress tiles. Hopefully there will be some with other punch boards as well.
If you want to add locks/traps to generic doors or chests just draw a card from the AC companions event deck and use the lock and trap info there.

One of the few places where the AC is helpful. It is all on page XXX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
I can answer question 1.
The AC should have those tokens also but like you mine are sitting on a boat at Long Beach which is better than the middle of the pacific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AC has those tokens, but no rule on how to apply them to the base game missions. My ruling would be the following: Half (round down) the smash difficulty to get the appropriate lockpick difficulty.
eg:
smash 2-3 -> lockpick difficulty 1
smash 4-5 -> lockpick difficulty 2
etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls