Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Adam, as yet untitled rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been fooling around with this, and while it's still relatively early days I'm quietly confident that I'm onto something at least half-decent.

Adam V.02

Adam: Compulsive Hacker (Data and Destiny)

Event (17)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) •••
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Independent Thinking (Data and Destiny)
3x Infiltration (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
2x Stimhack (Core Set) ••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Maker's Eye (Core Set) ••

Hardware (4)
2x Brain Chip (Data and Destiny)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••

Resource (14)
1x Always Be Running (Data and Destiny)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Data Folding (Order and Chaos)
2x Dr. Lovegood (Data and Destiny)
1x Neutralize All Threats (Data and Destiny)
3x Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus)
1x Safety First (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (5)
1x GS Sherman M3 (Data and Destiny) ••
1x GS Shrike M2 (Data and Destiny) ••
1x GS Striker M1 (Data and Destiny) ••
2x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

Program (5)
3x Multithreader (Data and Destiny)
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) ••••• •
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

My main issue has been losing breakers to damage (or once to a surprise Archer when I was one credit short with Shrike - that was my own fault though; I'd seen the Archer in HQ and forgotten about it, and I still almost won that game but whiffed on a 4-card R&D dig at 6 points.

So I'm thinking I need some kind of recursion, and as much as Clone Chip is often the go-to, I'm actually drawn towards Deja Vu for extra flexibility (being able to launch a 2nd Legwork might be nice for example, or to retrieve an Infiltration or RDI).

Problem, as always, is what to cut? My only real candidates are the Stimhacks or the Maker's Eye (early tests have shown both to be niche) but I'm not sure which I'd miss less - any opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all: you need thee more cards since the directives don't count against your card-limit. Maybe put one more Overmind in there to replace lost ice-breakers?

Do you really need Dr. Lovegood? I usually get rid of directives i dont want to play anymore via Independet Thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been running Adam for a few games now, and I agree that Dr. Lovegood isn't usually worth it if you're making use of your directives like you should.

And if you're not running e3 Feedback Implants, you're not doing it right. Always Be Running and e3 gets you through any one ICE every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I always use e3, and usually end up using Overmind for that reason. Also without 2 link, using those cloud breakers and overmind doesn't seem that great. I just usually use mimic + overmind and some clone chips.

I would just swap legwork for another makers eye, 2 accesses on every HQ run is usually enough, and more R&D pressure is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Those directives are extras on top of the three that start in play.

Typically I don't install Overmind unless I need to and have a decent amount of spare MU from Brain Chip. Lovegood I don't always need, but some turns is super useful. Same goes for Independent Thinking, I don't want it every game, but some games it's amazing for burst draw, or turning off ABR if I have my full suite installed and don't want to be forced to run (and cant find the Dr.).

Honestly the deck is mostly fine, it really is the recursion (or rather, lack of) which is a minor niggle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd probably go Zu.13 over Striker almost every time (even in Sunny, just depends on influence)

how often are you glad you had Striker instead of Zu.13?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
i'd probably go Zu.13 over Striker almost every time (even in Sunny, just depends on influence)

how often are you glad you had Striker instead of Zu.13?

Hmm. Genuinely hasn't come up much, I don't install a decoder most games. I'll give Zu some thought though.

EDIT: after checking the breaking costs of most commonly played ICE on Sneakdoor.com, I'll comcede that Zu does seem better - the break costs are very comparable on a lot of ICE (and where it's 2cr or less they might as well be the same if I have Multithreader) but the 3 credits saved at install is the clincher. Only Little Engine and Orion are really worth the Striker when you're paying the same influence either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.