Jake Jake
msg tools
I really enjoy making my games very organized and attractive. It's always disappointing when I open up the box of a well designed game with great art and see a horde of plastic baggies holding everything together! It's gotten to the point that I enjoy customizing my game boxes almost as much as playing the game itself. I even offer a service that accepts board games as payment for customizing your games (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1467193/custom-foam-core-in...

However, I want to find more ways to make my games pretty! So I'm looking for suggestions for what else I can make besides foam core inserts and papercraft tuck boxes. I've looked through many images posted on BGG, and saw cool stuff like 3d printed pieces, which I am now working on myself, and want to hear about the coolest additions you guys have seen (ideally with links to photos).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Married 25 yearsMicrobadge: I stole cookies from the cookie jarMicrobadge: I give out citizenship stars
I used styrofoam to make a dungeon inlay for Escape and included a secret door to hide away all the curses....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Jake
msg tools
Hahaha, that is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested to see what people show off here. For me, I'm just getting into foamcore inserts & tuckboxes, and those are doing well for me so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Not all organization stuff, but you did ask about how we made games pretty. )

We started with 3D printed card holders for Shadows of Brimstone. My husband had an idea, but no idea how to design them. A fellow BGGer helped with the design, and an engineer at my husband's worked tweaked it, and these were born:

The backing is removable, so could be interchanged with other tops. The files are available here. They don't fit in the game box, but they're awesome enough to sit on the shelf as decoration.

We've also printed Targa Pylons for SoB, from a file found on Thingiverse. I don't have pictures of those yet - my husband's working on getting LEDs in them.

Other gaming related stuff we've printed:

- Gates for Arkham Horror. Unfortunately the models (found on Thingiverse) don't quite work as it, but a bit of work with a file will fix them right up. This will help make open gates on the board more obvious.

- Walls, towers, barricades, and flame markers for Castle Panic for a friend.

- Battletech stuff for my husband. He found software that lets him build a custom mech and print it. Here's his favorite mech, the Mad Cat, in tabletop size, and desk ornament size:

And some turrets and a drop ship:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
- Battletech stuff for my husband. He found software that lets him build a custom mech and print it. Here's his favorite mech, the Mad Cat Timber Wolf, in tabletop size, and desk ornament size:

Thems fighting words...

no one calls my Timber Wolf a mad cat... except Channing but that's cause he's freebirth scum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls