Ships» Forums » General

Subject: Number of gold coins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Limited edition copy has 45 gold coins, both of the smaller orangeish variety and the larger golden type. The rulebook says there should be 56 gold coins.

Is 45 or 56 the correct number?
I seem to recall that I've seen that the supply is limited within the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
it's not mechanically possible to need more than 40 coins in the game ever, and that condition is extremely unrealistic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Sherlock Holmes fanMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fan Microbadge: What does this mean for Up Front?Microbadge: Wargamer - WW2Microbadge: Cult of the Old
Robert Olesen wrote:
My Limited edition copy has 45 gold coins, both of the smaller orangeish variety and the larger golden type. The rulebook says there should be 56 gold coins.

Is 45 or 56 the correct number?
I seem to recall that I've seen that the supply is limited within the game.
If I remember correctly, the rules say that there are 56 cardboard gold coins, and then the box at bottom mentions that limited edition games have 45 wooden gold coins.
So you're fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously it is the coins that are limited in the limited edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a reply from Julia. It's supposed to contain 45 wooden coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
andywhite wrote:
I only got 45 small orange coins and not the larger gold ones I've seen in photos.
Why all this confusion and doubt? it's totally established that the limited edition contains 45 coins.

It's also totally established that to get the larger gold coins you need to talk to yoru retailer / Julia to get replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to tell whether on'e box contains the gold coins (or both the orange and the gold) without opening it? Batch number somewhere maybe? Provenance (i.e. where bought from and when)?

Ta for any pointers - I don't (yet) want to open my copy as I'm not (yet) sure I will play it and I'm working my way slowly through older Wallaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
Not as far as I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Is there a way to tell whether on'e box contains the gold coins (or both the orange and the gold) without opening it? Batch number somewhere maybe? Provenance (i.e. where bought from and when)?
Unless I missed something, none at all contain the gold coins, unless an FLGS resealed them one by one.

Quote:
Ta for any pointers - I don't (yet) want to open my copy as I'm not (yet) sure I will play it and I'm working my way slowly through older Wallaces.
"Walli"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls