Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Warhammer Quest forever!Microbadge: "TCAT" - Member of the Twin Cities Ameritrash GroupMicrobadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: Con of the North attendee
Anyone have this? If so, what do you think of it compared to previous versions? I like that it comes with co-op and scenario rules. I still need to get Deadtime Stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Warhammer Quest forever!Microbadge: "TCAT" - Member of the Twin Cities Ameritrash GroupMicrobadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: Con of the North attendee
matzi1 wrote:
Hello!

I have it! Compared to previous versions:

- It is nice to have 4 types of zombie scuplts. Now it is not clone-zombies attacking, but a real horde. Looks good.
-The survivor tokens are a nice addition, I can finally play other scenario, not the old get-to-tha-choppa
-The door tokens- well, I dont really see their significance

The other things are the same componentwise as the 2nd ed.

As for the rules, the scenarios are cool, except the coop one - that one is half baked IMHO
Why don't you like the co-op scenario? Just doesn't work well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mann Clay
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Totally new to board gaming and getting this game's 3rd edition tomorrow. can't find a PDF of the rules but curious if anyone else has played the co-op scenario and like or hate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played Co-Op yet, though I feel like the issue is the cards. The card effects are very take that in nature and the rules make you play them by forcing you to play at least one card every turn. But normally they have effects that are targeted, such as placing zombies near another player who is about to win. In a cooperative game you would place them as far away as possible. I think cooperative could work, but maybe with a deck like in Jupiter Rescue, where there are good player cards mixed in with bad monster cards.

I really like my copy of 3rd Edition by the way, the doors are a good touch. I still have to buy black and red wooden cubes for health and bullet markers though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Rook96 wrote:

I really like my copy of 3rd Edition by the way, the doors are a good touch. I still have to buy black and red wooden cubes for health and bullet markers though.
Are you trying to turn it into a euro game by adding wood cubes? zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Rook96 wrote:

Are you trying to turn it into a euro game by adding wood cubes? zombie
No, the cardboard tokens can be hard to pickup and gets messy with the figures moving around. Someone gave me the tip to do this and in my mind it would work and look so much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls