Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
Waiting for the paint to dry.
badge
Ooh! Shiny.
Microbadge: Toss a Coin to Your Witcher
You can find it here: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/58/CategoryID/1/Prod...

Pre-order price $96, retail $128.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
Waiting for the paint to dry.
badge
Ooh! Shiny.
Microbadge: Toss a Coin to Your Witcher
Shipping and handling to Sweden: $74.20

Hopefully this is a joke. GMT can do it for a less than half that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Denver Nuggets fanMicrobadge: Immanuel KantMicrobadge: Johann Sebastian Bach fanMicrobadge: Shakespeare fanMicrobadge: Stoicism
I can't decide if I should order this one or not. My old counters are are still in pretty good condition, and I'm not really sure if having updated scenario, and SK-style maps for 40 and 41 will be worth $100.

Still, I love the new artwork and I'm really glad that the module will be easily accessible for new players.

Anybody have thoughts on whether the upgrade will be worth if for those of us who have the old version? Are there new counters or any other essential components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Astronomy enthusiastMicrobadge: Federation & Empire fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Star Fleet Battles fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan
I am picking one up. Better counters, updated scenarios plus many new scenarios (40 total). I have the maps so those will be duplicates, but my current American chapter H is just a scan (as the Yanks I have now is assembled from pieces/parts), so I want to buy the real thing now that it is back in print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Teacher of MathematicsMicrobadge: Guitar playerMicrobadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Whisky drinker
Doomfarer wrote:
Shipping and handling to Sweden: $74.20

Hopefully this is a joke. GMT can do it for a less than half that price.
But GMT generally doesn't charge you what it cost them to ship to Europe. I pay $17 when I choose the cheapest option from them, even though they sometimes pay more than $50. Big ASL modules are heavy, so I'm not surprised if the cost really is $74.20. I think MMP states on their website that they charge you the real cost of shipping (at least within $3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Duke
United States
Minneapolis / St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We can't stop here. This is bat country!
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: High Frontier (3rd edition) fanMicrobadge: Fire in the Lake fanMicrobadge: First Minnesota Historical Wargame Society member
It seems that there's an additional counter sheet included beyond the five in the first edition. Any idea what's on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Victory Games fanMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: The Jam fanMicrobadge: Empire of the Sun fanMicrobadge: Mark Herman fan
According to MMP's website, already up to 456 preorders. I expect it to blow past 750 very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2Microbadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
Perhaps chapter e stuff - gliders, night etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Duke
United States
Minneapolis / St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We can't stop here. This is bat country!
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: High Frontier (3rd edition) fanMicrobadge: Fire in the Lake fanMicrobadge: First Minnesota Historical Wargame Society member
mojayhawk wrote:
I'm not sure. A fair number of Chapter E counters were included in BV3, though gliders, snow drifts, and a few others were not. Paratrooper came with two counter sheets when it was originally published. Maybe some stuff off of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Choi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Haruki Murakami fanMicrobadge: Dota 2 fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
Looks like $64 shipping to Canada.

Might be cheaper to drive down and pick it up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
Microbadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: I'm a Black Orchestra fan!Microbadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fan
Uncle Duke wrote:
It seems that there's an additional counter sheet included beyond the five in the first edition. Any idea what's on it?
I'd think the extra sheet is for counters from Paratrooper that haven't already been reproduced elsewhere in the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
Microbadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: I'm a Black Orchestra fan!Microbadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fan
mojayhawk wrote:
The Chapter E counters were already part of the original Yanks counter mix, so they're already factored into the number of counter sheets in the first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Teacher of MathematicsMicrobadge: Guitar playerMicrobadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Whisky drinker
Uncle Duke wrote:
In a recent update MMP mentioned something about Yanks including some prerequisites for Korean ASL. Maybe that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
oivind22 wrote:
Uncle Duke wrote:
In a recent update MMP mentioned something about Yanks including some prerequisites for Korean ASL. Maybe that's it.
The exact language from the MMP update was, "We expect the 'Yanks' reprint to be produced first, which, aside from returning the American OB back into print, will also provide Korea with a necessary prerequisite." I didn't interpret that as saying that Yanks 2 was going to include new content specifically needed for KWASL, but rather simply that Yanks 2 itself is a prerequisite for KWASL (which we've known for some time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Tcaalaw wrote:
oivind22 wrote:
Uncle Duke wrote:
The exact language from the MMP update was, "We expect the 'Yanks' reprint to be produced first, which, aside from returning the American OB back into print, will also provide Korea with a necessary prerequisite." I didn't interpret that as saying that Yanks 2 was going to include new content specifically needed for KWASL, but rather simply that Yanks 2 itself is a prerequisite for KWASL (which we've known for some time).
That sounds more reasonable. It would be a shame if KWASL was not compatible with 1st edition Yanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preordered

The only module I'm still waiting for is "Hollow Legions" - with, I hope, the general rules for the war in North Africa and maybe in AOI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
Reckall wrote:
Preordered

The only module I'm still waiting for is "Hollow Legions" - with, I hope, the general rules for the war in North Africa and maybe in AOI.
The Hollow Legions reprint is indeed supposed to incorporate an updated version of the Chapter F desert rules, plus MMP licensed the TPP module Soldiers of the Negus for inclusion in the HL reprint, so there will be specific coverage of Ethiopia/Eritrea in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Wargames Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: Apple userMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
$55.51 for shipping and handling alone to Germany.

Just too much to justify on pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Wargamer of 10+ yearsMicrobadge: Folk Music fanMicrobadge: Wears HatsMicrobadge: Guitar playerMicrobadge: I love Indian food
You can Pre-Order Yanks! in Germany via Udo Grebe Games for 115 Euros (Shipping included); Brave New World in Cologne will also have the game in stock eventually. No need to pre order via MMP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Wargames Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: Apple userMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
Tarmahaan wrote:
You can Pre-Order Yanks! in Germany via Udo Grebe Games for 115 Euros (Shipping included); Brave New World in Cologne will also have the game in stock eventually. No need to pre order via MMP.
I looked on UGG.de site and did not see it listed. Do you have to email them directly?

Otherwise I can wait for brave New World to get some copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls