Subject: Do these add any value to the base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Harbour has only just come to my attention via Mr Boydell's blog and it seems my kinda game ...

So, do these cards add any value to the base game?

If yes, I want them and don't want the base game without them and if they are unavailable I'll pass on the base game.
If no, well that's good and I can get the base game and not worry about not having something worthless.

Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:

Harbour has only just come to my attention via Mr Boydell's blog and it seems my kinda game ...

So, do these cards add any value to the base game?

If yes, I want them and don't want the base game without them and if they are unavailable I'll pass on the base game.
If no, well that's good and I can get the base game and not worry about not having something worthless.

Opinions?
That's kind of back and white. If they don't add value, why were they even made? Of course they add value, the question is whether there's enough value without them...

I'd look at them as something like an expansion. There are many characters in the base game, so plenty to enjoy there. If you end up liking it and playing it a lot, to the point you've played out all the characters, then you can seek out the additional characters.

In other words, in my opinion, there's plenty of value in the game without the additional characters, and the additional characters also add value to the game (in the same way any expansion does).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. It meets my expectations

Unfortunately it seems the cards are not going to be available in the retail chain (only for the Kickstartetd version) so I think I'll pass. I'm too much of a completionist not to be able to get an expansion for a game I enjoy. Entirely my own weirdness, of course, but I've enough unplayed games to keep me going for a while!

Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Thanks for that. It meets my expectations

Unfortunately it seems the cards are not going to be available in the retail chain (only for the Kickstartetd version) so I think I'll pass. I'm too much of a completionist not to be able to get an expansion for a game I enjoy. Entirely my own weirdness, of course, but I've enough unplayed games to keep me going for a while!

Thanks for the reply.
I don't believe they were exclusive to kickstarter, but I don't think they're going to be in retail stores either. They may be gettable some other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Ruiz
Brazil
flag msg tools
Well, I bought the game on amazon and it came with them! I don't know if I was lucky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to say with Amazon. If your copy is an English copy, it could have been some mix-up with the boxes, or you might have gotten it from an entirely different vendor who was selling through Amazon and had launch copies.

In either case, congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls